• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

buyers beware: Junk HMMWV stickers being sold on EBAY

hmmwv0124

Recently repainted my HMMWV and wanted to replace all the interior warning stickers. DO NOT buy from hank22af on EBAY, hes using terrible quality vinyl stickers printed on a trash printer and selling them for 28$. They wont stick to glass let alone fresh CARC. He's a scam artist who refused to refund my money or take the stickers back. Dont get screwed like it did. Pay the extra money for genuine military stickers.

dmetalmiki

As said. Did you use paypal?, (You should!) If you did there will not be a problem seeking a refund.
And if not, ebay does have a good dispute policy, so if you have a genuine complaint, simply do a 'request a return' and check the box for the reason for a return from the list, and if the seller does not respond (favourably) they (ebay) will step in and resolve the problem.

Action

If the decals all come on pne sheet, they are definitely not real. Some of those shpuld be metal anyways.
Did you sand the CARC and clean it before applying your stickers?

hmmwv0124

Just for clarification, to me its not about the money lost. I think we all want quality parts for our vehicles. For me personally, I see it as a true injustice to a military vehicle to put anything but the best parts or accessories available on it. This guy on EBAY is running a small time scam on a specific group of people looking to keep their HMMWV's looking original. There are stickers available through other means that are high quality and as good as original, but not necessarily cheap. I got lazy and saw a printed sheet of seemingly high quality stickers available on ebay and got had. As a community of military vehicle owners, I think we should let each other know when someone is trying to make an easy buck on trash parts.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know it sounds like I'm taking up for ebay, but that's not really true. I don't think ebay is running a scam. They simply offer a marketplace for a range of items. There's certainly groups out there that are scamming people though. Just last week I found a MV parts supplier that had listed a can of krylon green spray paint for $13 a can. The scam was that they put their label on it and changed the caps on the top to cover up who the mfg was. These same cans of paint can be had at just about any retail store for $5. To top it off they were passing it off as a true MV color, which it is not.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hmmwv0124;2162769[COLOR=#ff8c00 said:
]Just for clarification, to me its not about the money lost.[/COLOR] I think we all want quality parts for our vehicles. For me personally, I see it as a true injustice to a military vehicle to put anything but the best parts or accessories available on it. This guy on EBAY is running a small time scam on a specific group of people looking to keep their HMMWV's looking original. There are stickers available through other means that are high quality and as good as original, but not necessarily cheap. I got lazy and saw a printed sheet of seemingly high quality stickers available on ebay and got had. As a community of military vehicle owners, I think we should let each other know when someone is trying to make an easy buck on trash parts.
While you may want the best parts you can buy that is not the way a lot of people on this forum think. Many don't care about the quality of the parts or how they cobble stuff together as long as it is cheap .

Action

Makes me think of a cooling accessory being sold. Some people said beware then got chewed put by everyone.
Also a company selling originsl 2nd generation xdoors. Lol
We all have to do a little research before spending money.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just for clarification, to me its not about the money lost. I think we all want quality parts for our vehicles. For me personally, I see it as a true injustice to a military vehicle to put anything but the best parts or accessories available on it. This guy on EBAY is running a small time scam on a specific group of people looking to keep their HMMWV's looking original. There are stickers available through other means that are high quality and as good as original, but not necessarily cheap. I got lazy and saw a printed sheet of seemingly high quality stickers available on ebay and got had. As a community of military vehicle owners, I think we should let each other know when someone is trying to make an easy buck on trash parts.

If your concerned about putting the proper parts on your truck...buy them from a distributor.
i know the person you are referring too, I know the listing and product, I would never buy them as I know that they are not real thing as used from the mfg. The price is a dead giveaway, OEM are $5-10ea piece

warthogII

Recently repainted my HMMWV and wanted to replace all the interior warning stickers. DO NOT buy from hank22af on EBAY, hes using terrible quality vinyl stickers printed on a trash printer and selling them for 28$. They wont stick to glass let alone fresh CARC. He's a scam artist who refused to refund my money or take the stickers back. Dont get screwed like it did. Pay the extra money for genuine military stickers.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/archive/index.php/t-89384.html

warthogII

I was reading through the archives here at SS and felt obligated to reply. I purchased a set of these decals from ebay about 4-5 months ago. I though they were pretty inexpensive compared to some of the alternatives of buying the military decals individually and one of the main resons I decided to try out one of these hmmwv decal sets. I just finished repainting my M998 as well. I applied the decals and had no issues with pealing in the area where the paint was smooth. I did apply one of the decals to the rear passenger seat area, an area that didnt get sanded as well as I liked prior to painting. I did have a little bit of peeling on this decal but that was my fault for not being as through with my sanding.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Buy cheap products, get what you pay for...I see this all the time in the shop, especially with cheap ignition switches and lighting, like anything, you get what you pay for.
take tools for example....I use harbor freight electric impact guns, they are cheap compared to Mac and snap on, but they work and I beat them to death every day, 7 days a well, if I get a year out of them, I’m happy, the batteries go before the tool does. I have more expensive tools...and they seem to last the same.
you lost 20 bucks...be glad you didn’t loose hundreds, or even thousands.

twisted60

So, stickers, OEM, I need to replace my wait to start sticker and another sticker. Where can I find OEM stickers ?

I looked at the sheet of stickers on EBay but decided to wait, after reading this post I’m glad I did. So now I’m looking for OEM stickers.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks