• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for M151 Spare Tire "Long Bolt"

djlittle1960

I am looking for a long-bolt for the M151 Spare tire. Using the long bolt, you can place a cover on the back of the spare tire (see image below). I have seen these used in many different units to display the unit crest, flash, etc., and I saw one today on a museum display here on Fort Jackson, which reminded me to ask. This M151A1 is displayed at the Network Enterprise Center (NEC). I have looked in the parts manual, and have searched many different parts sites, all to no avail.

Does anyone have one they want to part with?
Long-Bolt.png

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen exactly what you are talking about, but what I have seen is a piece of all-thread that was made into a J hook of sorts. I really don't think there was an issued part for this but I could be wrong.

nattieleather

When I had my M151 I just took the plate that holds the spare on and put a bolt through it. Then attached the disk for the MP markings. This way if you needed to change the tire you took the disk off then undid the spare tire like normal. Was an easy mod to do and if I wanted to display the truck normal with out the MP tire cover plate all I had to do was swap the hold down.

poof

Dirty Hippie
Take old inner tube . Cut all the way around inside center. It will then strech around tire like (steering wheel cover) you can then fit your round logo board inside rubber tube edges. 100% secure, self centering , no bolts to futz with . Great tire cover

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks