• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Tire O-Rings

timberrrrrr

There are lots of threads regarding the tire o-rings for military trucks, but having a hard time finding the part number to confirm I am ordering the correct O-Rings.

Anybody know a good part number and a good source? If I understand correctly they are 20" x 3/8" thick?

timberrrrrr

I called haltec, they said part number or420 is .5” diameter and they don’t have an o ring to match the specs

I called gempler and they claim not to have the part either

I called les schwab and they only have part number 50184 which I think is for a humvee

I’m striking out here. Why are these o rings such a pain to find?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
See reference below. It is actually OR4201A in their system as a 19.5" o ring. My receipt from my purchase is below. use

Call gemplers and tell them to reference the Oring to # SO1978245 or the Item # in the picture below.

Attachments

Last edited:

timberrrrrr

See reference below. It is actually OR4201A in their system as a 19.5" o ring. My receipt from my purchase is below. use

Call gemplers and tell them to reference the Oring to # SO1978245 or the Item # in the picture below.

I just went onto Gemplers and looked up #s or4201a and S01978245.

Neither number comes up on their system. I see it on your invoice, it should be easy to find, but no luck. When I talked to them today, they said they discontinued a lot of their tire stuff.

I did find the O-rings on Eriks Military for $16.75. Seems a little spendy, but doesn't seem to be much other option out there.

Thank you for the help!!!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just went onto Gemplers and looked up #s or4201a and S01978245.

Neither number comes up on their system. I see it on your invoice, it should be easy to find, but no luck. When I talked to them today, they said they discontinued a lot of their tire stuff.

I did find the O-rings on Eriks Military for $16.75. Seems a little spendy, but doesn't seem to be much other option out there.

Thank you for the help!!!
You have to call them or email techserv@gemplers.com

They order them from Haltec directly so it's a non stock for them. The SO# will pull up in their system so they can see the drop ship information

timberrrrrr

OK, here's an update, geeeez this is turning out to be a royal pain in the . . .

Called Gemplers, gave them the part numbers on the invoice Simp included above. Nobody knows what to do with those numbers. I ask for Tech support, they say it is a non stocked item and they will call the manufacturer and call me back. 5 hours later, no call. I call them back looking for answers, I can sense the deer in the headlight look even over the phone. Still no answers from Gemplers.

I then called Haltec and asked them about the O-rings for a second time. I couldn't get anywhere with customer service so I asked for one of their engineers. This guy knew what I was talking about. Apparently the OR4201 is a number the military asks them to stamp on the o-ring. It isn't a Haltec part number. Haltec's part number is 524961000013. I thanked him and was transferred back to customer service. I asked if they had them in stock. They confirmed they did, but they wouldn't sell them to me, I have to go through a dealer. They gave me numbers for dealers. I called the dealers, and was met with what I assume was the deer in the headlights look again. Apparently Haltec's part numbers are typically 6 digits or less and giving them a 12 digit number was just way more than they could handle.

I then went to Eriks Military Surplus thinking this is way to painful, I will spend the $16.75 an o-ring to get this over with. I then went to check out and was met with a fee of $28 and some change to ship me the 5 o-rings. I just couldn't do it.

Why is it so hard to find suppliers for these o-rings? Isn't everybody changing their o-rings when they put new tires on?

OK, I will quit whining now.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
When calling gemplers to order the OR420A o rings use reference quote QT0060297. This is in their system and will pull up the order information and their vendor order. Freight shipping is $10. Their cost at the moment is $18.74 each

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks