• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a decent M35A2

CoreyDean

I know its been asked a million times but im looking at getting a m35a2 or some kind of deuce. What am I getting into and can I make one a reliable go anywere hauler? any recommendations what to go for and what to stay away from?

Last edited by a moderator:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Corey, welcome to the site.

My recommendation is to look at and drive as many deuces as you can before making a selection. Each truck has a few differences and idiosyncrasies that give them their individual character. Perhaps some members in your area will chime in on how to hook you up with some rides.

My other suggestion is to drive a deuce to your home, to see how it fits your yard, your neighborhood and the roads. Also, be sure the truck can be insured for your purposes and know the cost of doing so.

Those are my preliminary suggestions. Buying them is simple. It's all the impacts on your life that really matter, and those surface after the purchase!

Rick

CoreyDean

Thanks for the response. I live in a very rural area with plenty of room. Ill have practical uses for it. I like the single six tires. So far I hear good things about the multifuel engine and nothing good about the cat 3116

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but what rchalmers3 says is correct - handing money over for one is the easy part. It's like what they say about horses - buying one is the cheapest part of the experience. It's all the feeding and care that will put you in the poor house.

Take your time, do your research... like all vehicles, they have their quirks, and you need to be aware of them.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway:driver:

When you have some bunk-time it's a good idea to read-Read-READ the hundreds of similar threads with thousands of already documented posts of advice, recommendations, and experiences which will, if you invest the time, will practically give you a Bachelor's Degree in Deuce Shopping. That investment alone will be priceless to your ambitions.

To quote an old saying, "Experience is the best teacher. The experience of OTHERS is the best way to learn for yourself."

Again, WELCOME!

Keep us posted on your progress please.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive heard good things about the mulitfuel deuces, also my understanding is the 5 tons need a CDL to drive
Licensing requirements vary by state. I don't know the specifics for WA. Many states have exemptions that apply.

I've had bunches of deuces and 5tons. My choice for a keeper truck is the 5ton in my avatar pic.

There's no wrong choice. All of the MVs are a load of fun. The more you research and the more you actually drive various trucks, the better decision you'll make for what best fits your preferences.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Licensing requirements vary by state. I don't know the specifics for WA. Many states have exemptions that apply.

I've had bunches of deuces and 5tons. My choice for a keeper truck is the 5ton in my avatar pic.

There's no wrong choice. All of the MVs are a load of fun. The more you research and the more you actually drive various trucks, the better decision you'll make for what best fits your preferences.
Some information on WA laws in this thread.
[h=1]Do you pay tonnage with collector plates? (WA state)[/h]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks