• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Underside of the deuce bed

Dead pilot

I dont have access to my truck at the moment and trying to make a carrier to take the bed off my M36. So I'm looking to see if anyone has pictures of the underside of the bed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont have access to my truck at the moment and trying to make a carrier to take the bed off my M36. So I'm looking to see if anyone has pictures of the underside of the bed.

I'll go take a few. What is it you want specifically?

Here is my M35A3 bed that I'm making into a dump trailer.

Attachments

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is one with the barrels I used to support it while I pulled the truck out. I used 2x8.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dead pilot

I'll go take a few. What is it you want specifically?

Here is my M35A3 bed that I'm making into a dump trailer.
I am looking for the underside along the area that it sits on the frame. If I remember correctly the frame width is 34". I need to build up something that i can put the bed on to load up on a car hauler so I bring the bed to my shop to work on it.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use bales of straw. I have recovered several beds on uhaul car trailers and the bale in the car track trick works great.

See the middle photo, bottom series, that's looking down the inner rails. Yes, 34" outside but you don't need something fancy. Sorry, the photo is not very clear. The C is part of the bed and the box it is sitting on, is part of the trailer.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hauled this 500 miles using 8x8 and 8x12 cribbing about 36” long.
IMG_3724.jpgIMG_3659.jpgIMG_3725.jpgIMG_3732.jpgIMG_3733.jpg
Not a deuce bed, but pretty close

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the mud flaps and the pioneer tool rack and the remaining under-structure is very simple indeed.

I surely LIKE the hay bale blocking idea, but if bales are not available some simple wood blocking would also work - if you're simply trying to keep the bed off your car-hauler's fenders.

Oh, and please remember....

nopicsnopics

Carry on.

Dead pilot

Yea I was gonna pull those things off to make it easier. I just have the fun of the 17 ft bed to deal with.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot to mention, the mudflap hangers will support the weight of the bed just fine for just moving around the yard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks