• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 30 Cal 1919 Replica

JJHoneck

Finished installing the 30 cal 1919 replica on Sparky today.

The Evike replica gun I bought didn't come with that 45-degree angle piece that locks it in position for driving. Without it, the gun is quite tail heavy and aims at the sky, whirling around loosely.

You can buy that part, new old stock, of course, but it's quite pricey. Instead, I made use of the pintle that came with the gun (for a ground tripod), a 2" piece of steel gas pipe, and a few hours of metal working. I think it works and looks great.

Sparky isn't quite so "cute" anymore.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I love a 1919. I would post mine, but can't. (real) That is a nice setup.

In the future though, upload the images as an attachment in tapatalk.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Right, within tapatalk, upload them as an attachment, not a picture. To people on the forum from a computer, your pictures will only show up as a link.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know where to get a dummy 30 cal for my 52 jeep. i have the mount
build it yourself. Buy a kit and machine your dummy RSP. There are kits out there that are a bit too rough to build into a working gun and those kits are cheaper.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm one of the people who only look at SS on the computer and lately see mostly links.
And in older posts those links are dead ends 90% of the time and the information is lost to our future reference, so...
Here are the pictures from post 1.

Cheers

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Very nice adaption..(fumbles around for a pencil)..Now to go fix MY jeep, And thank you.

A car, A plane, a military thing/s, I didn't see a boat..but what a beautiful looking shop.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm one of the people who only look at SS on the computer and lately see mostly links.
And in older posts those links are dead ends 90% of the time and the information is lost to our future reference, so...
Here are the pictures from post 1.

Cheers

More and more people are using mobile devices and using tapatalk. Unfortunately, their app defaults to upload the photos to their (tapatalk) server and hotlink them to the forum here. I routinely ask people to change their settings in the app to upload as attachment, but that's all I can do.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yessir, I've seen your posts, and I thank you. [thumbzup]

We're going to lose a lot of our future archive material if folks keep doing that. :(

Cheers

FloridaAKM

I liked it when you could get the 1919A4kits @ Knob Creek, Kentucky for $250.00 years ago & build you own as a dummy or as a live item. Those days are long gone. I have a fellow SS member around these parts who owns a M38a1 & he put a replica M-60 in his truck for display. The 1919a4 suits it better. After one show, he was too tired to remove it & someone tried to steal it during the night, but could not get the mount loose. Now it is always removed.

68t

I glad I bought my two 30 cal. and 50cal. with cradels years back. Also halftrack parts. price is madness nowdays.SHILOH.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks