• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Known Running MEP-803A stops making power randomly - S5 or K1?

jamawieb

I have not - I'm in the process of selling the unit. I've discounted it by $1K to account for this intermittent issue. Buyer was actually watching it run when it kicked off after 8 minutes. He picks it up tomorrow afternoon. I'm moving to TX and I'm certain this thing will not pass the HOA.

I thank you all for your quick replies and help! If for some reason my buyer backs out, I'll take the top cover off this weekend and take a peek at the AC section.
Which way are you going to Texas. If you haven't sold it by the time you move, I may meet you somewhere to get it off your hands. :) I've seen your post on craigslist for a while and it's to far away for me to drive.

Waukesha

Looks like a real nice unit, at a fair price
Thank you! Other than a slight gouge on the right hand side from a forklift operator and signs that it was wet stacked at one point it's a very clean and reliable unit. Well, at least until the hiccup which caused me to create this thread..

Which way are you going to Texas. If you haven't sold it by the time you move, I may meet you somewhere to get it off your hands. :) I've seen your post on craigslist for a while and it's to far away for me to drive.
I'll let you know if he doesn't pick it up today. He's been texting me quite a bit, I think he figured out that at this price, it really is a good deal! To top it off, it comes with a full day tank and 3/4 55gal drum of #2 heating oil :)

Waukesha

Are you depending on the light above the ac interrupter switch to determine if you have power to the lugs??? Just because the light doesn't light doesn't mean its not working. The bulb holder screws on and sometimes people put them on to tight so the light wont work or it could be to loose.
Nope - I had my multi meter clamped on to L1 & L3, and was checking for 240v. I also checked across L1-ground and L3-ground and I was not seeing voltage.

I am in agreement with Jamaweib. Will your S5 and S7 lights, light up when you push to test them? Is they light up, look at the overload relay first. If the lights do not press to test, then start with R15.
They do press to test, although the metal body holding the S5 light body is lose and should be replaced. If I keep the unit, this will be rectified. The S5 light is intermittent on if it lights when the S5 is closed.

Waukesha

I would start looking at the wiring to the overload relay, and then the relay itself.
Thank you, Guyfang. I did end up selling the unit yesterday. I pointed the guy here, so hopefully he'll join up.

I exercised the unit again prior to him picking it up to ensure it was operational - contractor opened and closed on demand as demanded. I did this ~20x.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks