• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axle seal leak

tatra813

Drivers side axle is dripping oil from the boot. First is the boot zipper supposed to be on the bottom of the boot?6ocklock position?

What seals do I need to fix this issue and what needs to be taken apart

Thanks for input

considering adding arb air lockers too

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is dripping oil from the boot it is **likely** to be the axle shaft seal, rather than the inner or outer hub seal.

Never mind the orientation of the zipper (the boot would just fill with oil). My suggestion is

- get the TM chapters/read threads here so you are familiar with how to do front axle seals. THIS is a good thread: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?8460-Front-axle-seals-and-boots-stepXstep
- think about what else you can easily do while you have the front apart (new-one piece axle boots; I always recommend the slightly oversized ones from rockwelloffroad.com), new king pin bushings
- get the parts that you will need (I always recommend the "sock" type upgraded inner axle shaft seals from rockwelloffroad.com)
- get going.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks