• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of the job i did with the MEP 803a with the inova auto start kit plus ATS

titoveli

The gen set bonding connector is still connected. Is this a house connected gen set?
it is connected to a a house. i dont understand the rest. this the job i did with pics of the auto start kit and relay all working perfect got voltage now on the lugs going stright the the ATS but the ATS has a problem i will get it fix in the coming days already email the guys i both it from

Zed254

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?164386-Trailer-Mounted-MEP803a-Grounding

Good discussion on grounding your generator and the SINGLE ground to neutral bond in your home's electrical system.

Last picture, lower right side: the bonding strap is still in place between the generator's ground and neutral. This is correct if it is a stand alone system.....you are out in a field and your generator is powering some work tools. Your home already has a neutral to ground bond in the breaker box....or should. You only want 1 ground to neutral bond in your home's electrical system. If your generator will only be used as a home back up you should remove the generator's ground to neutral bond.

Last edited:

titoveli

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?164386-Trailer-Mounted-MEP803a-Grounding

Good discussion on grounding your generator and the SINGLE ground to neutral bond in your home's electrical system.

Last picture, lower right side: the bonding strap is still in place between the generator's ground and neutral. This is correct if it is a stand alone system.....you are out in a field and your generator is powering some work tools. Your home already has a neutral to ground bond in the breaker box....or should. You only want 1 ground to neutral bond in your home's electrical system. If your generator will only be used as a home back up you should remove the generator's ground to neutral bond.
no here we only bond the ground to neutral in the meter box not at the panel. i will take it off anyways cause its the same thing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks