• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2018 - September VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I left you hanging there 155mm even though I said us tractor trailer guys have to stick together. Big Mike had to drift your way so looks like today its neck and neck. If your Indian has the old time timing advance its time to advance pick up the speed and bring her across the finish line.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any idea how many of these bike survive today?? In museums or private hands??
I know my brother contemplated buying a brand new one in pieces in a create here in the Netherlands in the early 1970s, as surplus, for 750 guilders (about 1 500 US $ in today's currency), but decided against it. A lot of them were sold of in the Netherlands and German as surplus in the 1960s-1990s.

Indian and Harley is a bit like the even more unknown story about Borgward and Mercedes cars. For us "believers", the better quality (Indian and Borgward) lost against the better marketing. If alone, the Harley would get it, in this case, I have to vote for the Indian

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK two more votes for Bigmike's

Indian-Logo-500x193.png

Disclaimer: the logo is probably not time-correct, and I got it from the web.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the military dedicated Indians came with the logo or were they delivered in OD directly without ornaments?

One more vote needed for a draw, so we need two more votes for Bigmike's Indian.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the military dedicated Indians came with the logo or were they delivered in OD directly without ornaments?

One more vote needed for a draw, so we need two more votes for Bigmike's Indian.
My understanding is that they were delivered in crates unassembled and unmarked. They were assembled then stenciled as needed.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only 1000 841's were made as test, unfortunately it never got further. That would have been a beast.

https://youtu.be/z4kdonwP86s

One of the very few things I still keep aua aua is that I ever sold my 1955 BMW R67/3 with Steip sidecar. The Steip my brother bought and I have it back in heritage, the bike itself I sold in 1980 because I desperately needed $$$ for my study and trip to Canada. Actually, in retrospect, not that desperate, I could have survived easily without.

https://youtu.be/KO1lGnA9d5g

The BMW has a beautiful wing-ended front fender. Watch the 841: it has a cardan drive, same as the BMW.. The 841 has a Bugatti-like V-engine sticking sideways, the BMW has a boxer-engine. And most of all, I like the sound, as it is described in the Netherlands: every streetlight pole on stroke.

And like Floridianson: double in spades. Time a bike gets the recognition it deserves as MV of the month:

vote for BIGMIKE

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While writing this, I saw that Floridian's offer worked, its a draw again. But to save Papabear and Patracy the worries of a draw decision, let's make it a firm win for the bike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks