• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP805B Voltage Regulator AVL-100 issues!

Aquaticnav

We have a MEP805B generator. With the voltage selector switch set for 416V the generator starts and runs (voltage is very low on the CID 365v range) with no response from the voltage up down switch(frequency does move with switch). With the selector switch on 208v the generator starts briefly then errors with an over voltage error and shuts down.

Now I think the AVL-100 Voltage regulator needs to be replaced/ repaired however we have found a burnt K23 relay (Pins 3 and 6 to be exact). Reading the technical manual on page 4-111 the voltage between P9-5 and P9-6 is 214VDC (should be 8vdc). With the Voltmeter on AC it reads 120VAC as well (same terminals). Also found the resistor R6 is 120 Ohms (Should be 40 Ohms).

The AVL-100 powers up AC sensing light is on, DC supply lights on, and Field Voltage light is on.

So a couple of questions. This is a "new to us" generator and we have yet to get it running correctly.

1. If the AVL-100 needs to be replaced does anyone know of an exchange program or a repair service we can send the module in to?
2. Is there anything we need to do prior to installing a new AVL-100?
3. Where could this 214 vdc/ 120vac reading be coming from?
4. Is there anyone that I can call that can help me get this thing sorted out? (Hoodsport, Wa area)

Thanks in advance

Brian

Guyfang

Staff member
Brian,

There are several threads that deal with the 805 and 806 volt regulator. If you haven't looked, there is some extra info in the SS TM library. Probably, one of the most important things to know about this volt reg, is that there are two manufactures for it. The parts are NOT interchangeable. Sadly, I am layed up in the hospital, and may be here a while longer, or I would gather up the info and put it in this thread. It IS in the other threads I mentioned. Since it's a new to you gen set, you need to look at all four, ( I think it's four) parts included in the system, and make sure each and every one are all made by the same company. Failure to do this can lead to further damage.

Ok, went back to the TM library and took a peak. The are multiple entry's for the 805-806 gen sets. And governor systems. One entry covers the two types of systems, TRC and Liby. Also keep in mind that all the books for the A and B model are needed to work on the B model gen set. The only difference is the engine.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks