• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pre-purchase inspection

Speedwoble

Isn't there a Freighliner VIN, which is on a plate in the cab, and a different Unimog VIN that's stamped on the frame?
That's what I have seen. There is a unique 8 digit on the front right frame starting with 1W, but it doesn't match any numbers on the Freightliner VIN plate. Maybe in a basement filing cabinet somewhere there is a paper matching the 2. Hey, is the number on a SEE different format than a HMMH?

Speedwoble

I seriously doubt they're different. As far as I know all three versions use the same frame.
But I can check if you want.
Way off topic to the OP’s question, but considering the 3 versions had different transmissions and different suspensions, that might be reflected in Mercedes parlance as the build spec. If the part numbers on the frames are the same format, then that lends credence to my hypothesis that there is not a link between the frame and the Freightliner number.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Umm, the trans in the HME is different, yes, but only in that it also has the hydro drive, which I think is a bolt-on.
But other than that (and the HMMH's front suspension lock-out) they seem to be the same to me as far as suspensions and transmissions go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks