• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any tricks to fix timing 180 off?

Tototex

I am pretty new to mechanic work so I hope all this makes sense.

I have an M51a2 with an duece LD465 in it.

My fuel injector self destructed. I got the new on on but I'm pretty sure I have the timing 180 off. The lifters looked the same to me anytime I rotated the crank to the markers.

Now that its all back together, I can only start it with a can of ether, its idling really rough, and throwing smoke like crazy.

Is there a quick way to fix the timing? I would like to avoid taking the injection lines and injector apart if possible.

74M35A2

We rebuilt an LDT-465 and had the injection pump timing 180 off. We did not use ether, but it would not start or run at all. Just FYI. Had to pull front cover to fix.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its no fun either way you look at it. You could pull the hydraulic head, or pull the injection pump. I would probably just pull the gear off the IP and spin the motor over, but you might need to pull the radiator for that.

74M35A2

Its no fun either way you look at it. You could pull the hydraulic head, or pull the injection pump. I would probably just pull the gear off the IP and spin the motor over, but you might need to pull the radiator for that.
This is exactly how we did it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks