• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from East TN

DerekM

Finally time to become a member here, although I have read a lot of good info over the past couple of years on here though.
Ran across a deal I couldn't pass up on two 1971 M35a2 and a crated/sealed new spare motor.

Have a couple of questions though:
What's the biggest turbo i can out on?
How much more power can I add?
Whats the biggest tire I can fit?
What can I do to get this going around 70 to 80 mph?

Just kidding.

-DerekM

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Your brake system on a deuce would need to be upgraded before ever going over 50 really. That is a major safety issue on the m35s. 395/85/20 tires and combat wheels with adapter plates will gain you some speed. But brakes to stop it once it gets going.

Turbo wise a D turbo would be best suited. A C turbo if you want the whistle. I have a 4LHR 350hp turbo in Memphis but it would kill that deuce

DerekM

Your brake system on a deuce would need to be upgraded before ever going over 50 really. That is a major safety issue on the m35s. 395/85/20 tires and combat wheels with adapter plates will gain you some speed. But brakes to stop it once it gets going.

Turbo wise a D turbo would be best suited. A C turbo if you want the whistle. I have a 4LHR 350hp turbo in Memphis but it would kill that deuce

I was just kidding about all those questions. Noticed how a lot of new members and owner of these trucks have crazy ideas on what they want out of these trucks.

Also, I gave myself a good laugh, I put east TN in the subject but I am really in west TN. We live about 15 minutes north of memphis.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I was just kidding about all those questions. Noticed how a lot of new members and owner of these trucks have crazy ideas on what they want out of these trucks.

Also, I gave myself a good laugh, I put east TN in the subject but I am really in west TN. We live about 15 minutes north of memphis.
Well unfortunately I am that person that does crazy. My 5 ton is highly modified. Would run 85mph at one point easily. Now it just hauls. 2000 or more miles a week. Nothing is out of the question on any truck.

DerekM

Well, I have wanted a deuce since I was a little kid and ran across this 2 for 1 deal so I couldn't pass it up. Both were fire department trucks and in great shape, although one doesn't have a bed. I figure at some point down the road the one with the bed is getting a dump kit put on it, since that was the "reasoning" I was wanting the truck. And I think with the one that doesn't have a bed, if I don't sell it, I am going to shorten and single axle it so the wife will have an easier time driving it.
Time will tell, still just excited about finally having a deuce.

71DeuceAK

Welcome! I myself almost bought a '68 M35A2 as my first vehicle project. It didn't happen but I later went out and bought an M928A1, also an ex fire truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks