• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for these bolts

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody know what these bolts are called and where to source them? I've always called them continuous thread bolts but a Google search with that name comes up empty. I need new ones to bolt the intake onto my P400.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.DSC_0338 - Copy.jpg

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Valve cover stud?
Yes, the valve cover threads are M8-1.25, but I need some M10-1.5 in various lengths to bolt down the intake I got from you. Not wanting to scavenge anything off my original 6.2. Somebody has them available, but I cannot find them anywhere. Heck I don't even know what they are called.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What lengths do you need? And how many. I might have some on the shelf in coffie cans.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What lengths do you need? And how many. I might have some on the shelf in coffie cans.
Ken - do you think you have metric bolts? All of the 1980's 6.2 and early 1990's 6.5 were SAE thread. This new P400 is all metric.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I get a lot of stuff from McMaster. Sadly they do not have the stud bolts. Still looking. I think I am going over to the HMMWV forum and post something over there. Maybe somebody is parting out a GEP engine and I can get the metric bolts.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken - here is a photo of the intake bolts I need. They are M10-1.5 and are approximately 60mm (2-1/4") under the hex head. Because the bolts are metric they will need to come from a newer GEP engine, not an older 6.2 or 6.5 when they still used SAE threaded bolts. If you have any of these, or know where I can source them, I will need 4.

Thanks.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks