• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TRK TRACT 6x6

Ducati2016

Gentelman.

I have this 916 that has the pushbutton transmission module on it. The people that had it says that the tranmission did work but, now it will not shift or even go into gear. i put a computer on the 9 pin connector and the computer will not even read or see the TCM.
The TCM has power going to it and the light comes on but just flashes on the push button part of the shifter. I am trying to find a wiring diagram and maybe a little help with this problem. Thank you in advance.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you working on a Freightliner M916 or an AM General M916 that has the Allison added? Press up and down on the shifter and report back any codes that are displayed,

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were only a handful (20 maybe) of those trucks converted to the Allison. There is no documentation regarding the conversion. Make sure the controller (I think on the cab back wall) is getting power, there may be multiple feeds with both 12 and 24 volts, not sure.

Ducati2016

Ok no codes displayed so i started looking at the wiring. moved the wiring at the back of the TCM and the trans light went to N so i started pin pointing the wiring adn moved a yellow wire and the trans light kept blinking now it just stays on. Is that telling me that the TCM is bad

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, you have bad connections. Disconnect all connectors, make sure all contacts are clean, treat with contact cleaner and reassemble with a product designed for electrical connections. Also look for wiring harness damage from rubbing on sheet metal. Disconnect batteries before doing anything.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find someone local that fixes Allison Automatics. The parts on your truck are not military only.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks