• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G-7105 and K-51 Panel van Community - search for owners!

nattieleather

I had to move my van outside for the winter. I guess it will spend its next year like it spent its last 75... outdoors :(. The move was done hastily since I inherited some vehicles that I needed to make space for indoors. I have not completed my windshield restoration, so I cut out some plywood covers. After looking at it, I got the idea to do this. My sons love it! This makes me want to name my rig. In the movie Cars, the Jeep is named 'Sarge.' I wonder if I could go with 'Major?' Any ideas?
View attachment 748811
It looks more like a Colonel to me. But then again with those eyes it could be a LT. Not a Butter Bar but more like a Shaved Tail.

aarondnelson

All - I've just dropped some more photos for your enjoyment - see my albums. now there are 7 panel vans (5 which remain unidentified) for which you can feast your eyes upon. Not to mention mine, which would make 8.

Teaser - there is one of these rigs currently for sale in the UK. Also, there are 4 additional currently for sale in California at this very moment - but only for another 24 hours! Ask me and I'll tell you!

CMPPhil

Hi

For those of us who can't remember how to get the albums, like me. Click on the sender's name then click on profile and it should take you to their profile and show albums.

Great photos

Cheers Phil

aarondnelson

Thanks Phil!

I'll add - I'm not sure if this is kosher or not, but the vans for sale are located on ebay. Youll have to search for 1941-1943 G506. They are in California... Feel free to remove this post if it is against policy.

Aaron

saddamsnightmare

Oh, wow, I see now, like a PowerWagon ambulance on steroids, cool.
The Blue one up above is a USAF truck, common as fleas in a barnyard on most USAF bases, and most don't have the seats in the back to haul aircrew, so most are just utility trucks. The G---- variant in the original post is usually a FWD Chevy panel from WWII for military use and are very cool, and rare these days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks