• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks 6.2 turbo kit from a c30 on my m998?

broylz

Found a smoking deal on a 6.2 motor with the banks kit installed. Motor condition is unknown but turbo appears to be good with no noticeable shaft play. Is there any reason I can't swap the necessary parts into my low mileage m998 engine?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is there any reason I can't swap the necessary parts into my low mileage m998 engine?
Yup. Take a look at the engine bay on the HMMWV. If it's the "factory" style setup with the turbo mounted in the middle of the manifold, you'll see the passenger footwell and heater core will prevent that. If it's one of the rare utmost front mount turbos, maybe. After a lot of modifying.

Barrman

As pointed out, you can do it, but it isn't recommended. There are a lot of threads on here where people try to argue about how a side mount turbo will work. I think I have seen a picture of one installed once, maybe. The truck wasn't done though, just the turbo on there without most of the body still. Most of those threads die with the original poster fading off to frustrated oblivion I can only guess.

If you do it, take pictures and post about it. Otherwise, start with a turbo truck and the center mount turbo. It actually works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks