• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sat 11/10/18 11 AM Downtown Orlando: Orlando Veterans Day Parade

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please join me for the Orlando Veterans Day Parade on Saturday November 10, 2018. The parade is televised live on Spectrum News Channel 13. The parade starts at 11 AM. Last year, the parade began at the corner of Orange Ave and Robinson Street. I assume the starting location will be the same this year. Our lineup location and number are unknown at this time. The Parade Staging Area opens at 9:30 AM. I will provide more details as I receive them. I will post a new map on this thread if I receive one.

The Vietnam Veteran Tribute Truck will join our parade entry.
http://flacarshows.com/2018/08/09/vietnam-veteran-tribute-hot-rod/

WE WILL STAGE OUR VEHICLES AT ACE CAFE ORLANDO.
100 W. Livingston Street
Orlando, FL 32801
(corner of Livingston & Garland)
Phone: 407-996-6686
  • We only have to go one block to line up and join the parade. Ace has plenty of room for trailers if you tow your vehicle in.
  • Please arrive at Ace Orlando by 9:30 AM.
  • I will distribute the vehicle permits at our staging area.
  • We will leave the parking lot at approximately 10 AM and convoy to the parade lineup. This time may be pushed back, depending upon what the parade organizers tell me.
  • NOTE: I don’t know what our lineup number or location at this time. I will post this information as soon as I get it.
  • We will line up our vehicles in the order we want them to appear in the parade upon leaving the Ace Café parking lot. When we arrive at the staging area, we will pull to the right of the road and park in that order.
  • We will convoy to Ace Café Orlando after the parade. Route from the end of the parade to Ace Café is TBD. I will distribute printouts with the exact route at the driver's meeting before the parade starts.

Last year we had an absolute AWESOME time. This year will be even bigger and better!!! Ace Café will have 2 live bands AND a DJ!!! :) They requested three military vehicles to park on each side of the stage after the parade.

Please RSVP on this thread or via PM with the make / model / M series designation of the MV that you’re driving or bringing. Our large vehicles require additional staging and parade space, and they need to know exactly how much space to set aside for our entry.
My goal is to have 20 OR MORE vehicles in the parade this year.:driver: Come and join the fun!!! :)

Feel free to ask questions if you have any. Please help me get the word out about this event. Thank you!

Linik to last year's event: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ndo-FL-Orlando-Veterans-Day-Parade&highlight=

Last edited:

RAYZER

Nancy and I will be there with the Deuce tractor, sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're welcome, signalcorps. I'm pushing through a lot to get this set up, but it'll be well worth the effort expended.

I submitted the entry for 18 vehicles. The maximum allowed is 20. I'd really like to have 18 show up. :smile:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have plenty of room for more vehicles. Please help me get the word out about this event. I’m working really hard to get this whole thing set up and I could use some support. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I invited the USMC Reserves to join us. I received approval confirmation yesterday. They are bringing 2 MTVRs.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still have room in the lineup for more vehicles. The clock is ticking. Not much time left until I close the door for RSVPs.

twisted60

OD I will be coming up for the parade, I think I confirmed before but just in case...
I will plan on the HMMWV this year unless you need my M923. My friend Alice will be joining also like last year. If I had a driver I would bring both.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our lineup number is 65. Please arrive at 9:30am.

Following the parade, we will convoy back to Ace Cafe. Directions:
North on Magnolia Ave. Turn left heading west on E. Colonial Drive. Turn left heading south on N. Hughey Ave. Turn left heading east on E. Livingston St.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got word that 3 vehicles will not attend. :-(

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all for coming out to the parade. I’m grateful for your participation. I appreciate the time and distance travelled by those who racked up the miles on their MVs.

The fight through Orlando traffic, the excessive wait time for seating, and the quality and service of food did not add to the positive experience that I work so hard to create. Many of these factors were out of my control, but I feel compelled to apologize regardless.

Next year will be substantially different.

Last edited:

RAYZER

Thank you all for coming out to the parade. I’m grateful for your participation. I appreciate the time and distance travelled by those who racked up the miles on their MVs.

The fight through Orlando traffic, the excessive wait time for seating, and the quality and service of food did not add to the positive experience that I work so hard to create. Many of these factors were out of my control, but I feel compelled to apologize regardless.

Next year will be substantially different.

Nancy and I had a great time as I'm sure all others did as well!
The Parade sure was fun, a huge turn out!
The wait for seating at Ace a bit long, but that just gave us more time to stand around and BS!
Nancy's mahogany smoked wings and My Ruben were pretty dee-licious and the free Orange Blossom draft was Awesome!
Mark, You are to be commended for all of your hard work putting this meet together, Thankyou!
Seek Pleasure Avoid Pain!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks