• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting my S250 shelter on my M105 trailer.

rustystud

I'm mounting my S250 shelter into my M105 trailer so it can be used as "tool storage" for when I go on my "Great Adventure" .
It needed to be strong enough to hold the weight of the shelter and all the tools securely to the trailer frame.
So far I have the metal flat bar (1/2" X 1-1/2" stainless steel) drilled and cut, and just finished cutting and drilling the brackets. Now I need to weld them up and bolt it to the trailer frame.
Here's some pictures of what is going on.

001.jpg004.jpg003.jpg
009.jpg008.jpg011.jpg

In picture two you can see one of the small brackets. There will be another forming an inverted "V" .
In picture six you see the room I have in front of the shelter. There will be a diesel fuel tank mounted here with my MEP 2KW generator mounted on top of the tank. Also there will be two small boxes mounted on either side of the shelter for tools and accessories and my long pry bars will be mounted along side the shelter.

rustystud

Your method is far fancier than mine, good work!
Your method works fine ! I just wanted to use that front space for a fuel tank. I think I should have around a 120 gallon tank there when all is said and done. Then the MEP generator mounted on top on the left side. Then the fuel transfer pump on the right side.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I’m planning on dual purposing my frame extension area by having a perch for my four wheeler sometimes, and other times a 2-4kw genset will be pinned to it with quick releases

rustystud

Well I finished welding up, and cleaning, and mounting up the brackets today.
I still need a little help from my son tomorrow to tighten up a few bolts though.
Now I can move the trailer from the driveway without having the shelter move. It took me a few hours to properly align the shelter in the M105 trailer to the exact right spot so I wasn't planning on moving it until it was secured !
Here's the final pictures.

007.jpg009.jpg011.jpg014.jpg015.jpg

You can see some space on either side of the shelter (pic 4 ) that I plan to use for extra storage. A aluminum box with a simple door will work great to store parts for the deuce.

rustystud

Looks great, do you have any pictures of the finished project?
It's still a work in progress. The next biggy is the fuel tank, and that's going to cost a "pretty" penny ! There is a fuel tank manufacturing company in Seattle I already talked with. They recommended "aluminum" for cost purposes, but I want stainless steel for the durability aspects. Plus I will be mounting my generator to the top of it, so it needs to be strong.

rustystud

I got two of the three tools boxes for the shelter from Harbor Freight the other day.
They are mounted to the back wall with "Riv-Nuts" . They are really secure too ! I accidentally tipped the trailer trying to load the second tool box and the main box stayed totally secured to the wall !
Yes I forgot to lower the rear brace !
Here's some pictures.

008.jpg 007.jpg

The main tool box is mounted on "Trex" which is screwed into the floor and I routed a groove in them for the tool box to sit in.
The second picture shows how I mounted it to the wall with stainless steel bolts.
At this time I'm debating whether to install a third box or just put in shelving there for parts or large tools.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks