• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Trouble

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ma'am,

What are the biggest problems that you see with EUC's being submitted from the hobbyist perspective? and how can they be rectified? Is it people not reading the EUC correctly? invalid information being filled in? or ??????????

Thanks!
Mark

dc3coyote

What a GL rep? Noo way.
Welcome aboard, maybe now we will be able to attach a face to GL. one for the dartboard and one to say thanks when stuff goes well.
Good luck and stay below the bulletts.
Oh yea when will my EUC clear? :D
Branan

poppop

Welcome Robyn!!! I see you joined a couple of years ago so I guess you have been watching us. Not a problem here, I hope we can all work together to make the system better. We are a good bunch of guys who appreciate the machinery that made and kept this Country what it is. It would be a shame for this machinery to be cut up for scrap just because we are afraid some of it might wind up in enemy hands. Future generations of Americans need to be able to lay eyes and hands on the equipment that helped our Soldiers defend this great Country. I think that is the ultimate goal of most of the people on this site. We preserve and enjoy this eguipment and by doing so it will be around for many years to come for future generations to enjoy and see a little bit of history first hand. I look forward to your assioation with us and hope that it is benificial to us all.

USMilitarySurplus

Ha ha. Anyone who came by our tent at Aberdeen last year already has a face to go by.

emmado22, I will address your question about EUCs when the moderator creates a category for GL stuff. I believe that will be a common question, and I want to get the information out to as many folks as possible.

FreightTrain, I'll talk to the Titling Dept when they're back in the office Tuesday. We're off Monday for Presidents' Day.

jwaller, it's ok. I eat me spinach. :wink:

halftrack

That's sneaky warfare. They picked a woman for the job because they know we will go easy on her. :wink:

Just kidding. I do not discriminate. I dislike everybody.

Seriously, just kidding.

FreightTrain

Banned
Joined in 2006?SPY we have a SPY in our midst.....Time for a new attack plan....we have been compromised!!!

Just kidding.Thanks about the title thing.I have been waiting over the 45 days I think for my SF97 and just getting tired of dropping in the chat room bugging the tech person about it.I will give a big thumbs up to the guy in Little Rock(the chunky guy....) he went far and beyond the call of duty for me and wreckerman when we got out trucks.......He had to drive all over the base to find us since we had no clue where the heck we were...not fun being lost on a military installation wondering around.Also,he went and got us some food as we were working on the trucks(Not sure how much extra wreck gave him but I am sure he made a few bucks on it) when he went on his lunch break.Kept us entertained while we waited for someone with a key to let all 3 of us in the DRMO lot......

FreightTrain

Banned
Should we come up with a little test to see if she really likes MVs or just saying that.....typical spy talk......make you think they are on our side... rofl

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robyn, welcome aboard!

Hi! I'm Ferro, aka Adam!

I drive trains, and old military trucks. And sometimes old military trains. [thumbzup]

We'll be good to you I promise. Glad to know that we can hear from the other side of the fence now. Should make the GL grumbling calm down some when we can find out the truth instead of 50 guys speculating... It can get out of hand sometimes.

But again welcome, and am looking forward to how we (as a group) and you (as GL) can work together to promote our addiction-er, HOBBY. :wink:

USMilitarySurplus

Just heard them at work. But my dad flew F-4s and F-15Es and he used to say jet engines were the sound of freedom. I think there's a bumper sticker to that effect.

Actually, employees can't purchase items on the GL website. That could be seen as insider's trying to drive up the price.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha ha. Anyone who came by our tent at Aberdeen last year already has a face to go by.
Robyn, I remember meeting you and your associates at Aberdeen(I was the good looking fella), Thank you once again for all the help you give us(little guys), It's appreciated. I look forward to your additional assistance here on Steel Soldiers.
BTW, My wife says hello too and thanks for the sun shade! Eric

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
They don't work weekends NO WEEKEND PICK-UPS...lol

Robyn:
Glad to see you on board I hope that all of us can continue to get great deals out of Military Sales with GL being the broker. I was really shocked the other day when we got those emails about changing a DML code from A to D what a crock and we fought that fast and hard and reason prevailed but it might have ended quicker if you had caught the post.

Welcome to the posting world and hopefully you can access it at work as a part of the job.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will never get weekend pickups, DRMO doesn't work weekends. Has nothing to do with GL. Smaller brass lots would be a good idea every now and then. ALOT better communication on EUC's would be the top priority. There is no reason they can't be screened within 24 hours of receipt by GL, it only takes a second to look at one to see if it is OK. Why can it take weeks to hear that a revision is needed? Especially when it is the exact same email or copy that was send on a proir EUC that was fine. :evil: Anyway welcome aboard and glad to see GL is working to try and fix some issues.

PS. If when selling trucks they were started and you showed a pic of the tach so the buyer would know they ran, prices would probably be quite a bit higher.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hndrsonj said:
PS. If when selling trucks they were started and you showed a pic of the tach so the buyer would know they ran, prices would probably be quite a bit higher.
Are they not high enough for you yet? I think we need to keep tactics that raise prices of trucks to ourself :wink: .

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
m16ty said:
hndrsonj said:
Are they not high enough for you yet? I think we need to keep tactics that raise prices of trucks to ourself :wink: .

Yeah, hush........ ;)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the other side of it, would you like to know if one ran before you bid? They have been doing that at McCoy for the last few auctions, most people have not noticed the tach pictures but those who have bought trucks have appreciated it. :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks