Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: GL Trouble

Thanks

Hey Robyn,

If you could post a picture of an EUC with fake names(Mr.Smith on 123 ABC street, Anywhere USA) that would be great so we could have guide to what it should look like. Do one for individiual buyer and one for a tax exempt buyer. This would cut down on some of the rejected EUC's. Maybe ask the folks who handle them every day to put together exactly what they want to see, including suggestions for DL pic's and the like.

Welcome aboard,

Chuck XD Fan

Thanks

Robyn: to the extent you need a second vote for smaller lots on scrap... you have one. Also, even some none scrap items like right now in MN, GL has a whole bunch of two per lot, lots of equipemtn shelters... I see there are a lot, but offer half of them as one per lot, lots... I know GL wants to get rid of items fast, and sometimes combining things into larger lots needs to occure, but set a few aside for us hobbiests.

Thanks for watching us and your williness to take a lot of these suggestions back to the powers the be.

Thanks

Cool to see Robyn aboard, but back to the original question. GL at Letterkenny was told to "get this crap out" by DRMO. So they had to move everything. No, they didn't drive it, it was all transported by a contracted local shipper. Meaning they came lifted and yanked. From first hand experience, we were doing everything we could to move trucks around. Dragging them, pushing them, etc. And not with "padding". It's just a logistical problem where I think this time GL is in the middle. Hence the sudden appearance of trucks at Ft. Indiantown Gap. Notice the contact number is Mechanicsburg GL. They are literally out of room at Letterkenny and don't have much space in the yard at Mechanicsburg.

I haven't heard of lots being moved from other GL sites. But expect too soon as the surplus is released.

Just my .02
    M35A2 - Soft Top, with Cargo Cover (1971)
    M185A3 - Hard Top - 1970 - Now our portable site office.
    M929A1 - Soft Top
    M923A2 - Soft Top
    M1008 - 1984 - Sold, wished I hadn't
    2 x M818 - Soft Top - 1970 - Sold
    4 x M35A2 - Sold
    M35A2c - Sold
    M929A1 - Soft Top
    M923A2 - Soft Top
    M1101 - HC Chassis Trailer - 199?
    M101A2 - 1970 -
    M101A2 - 1968 -
    Pioneer Tool Trailer
    M105A2 - 1988 - Sold
    M105A2 - Engineers Woodshop Trailer (16" DeWalt Professional Radial Arm Saw & hydraulic lift gate) Sold
    [/B]

4 Star General
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,171 Times in 160 Posts

eco....

Maybe they shouldnt have started combining lots... (ie not selling at places like Ft Drum anymore and instead shipping them to Letterkenny)
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2]Mike

1970 M35A2 W/W
    1986 M1009
    1952 M37[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote]If you can read this, thank a teacher, If its in English, thank a veteran!!![/quote]

Thanks

Please, if you are out of room send them to Tx., Ok., Nm., or La. If they can bring the same $$ like Camp L, bring them down here. Like I said, all the northen folks have all the cool stuff. I have 200 acres near the Rad River Army depot if you guy's need some........well..........storage area.

"Kirk Out"
    Chuck XD Fan

4 Star General
    Thanks

I stopped at the GL tent at Aberdeen last year. They were auctioning off a truck or something. Very nice people and very helpful.

Welcome to the site!
    "Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton (18341902).

Colonel
    Thanks

Roybn,

Tell Cynthia Hudgins thanks. Everytime I called her she answered the phone and she was very helpfull. That is unhead of this day and age. I have heard, from this site, all the site managers for GL are nice to deal with.

So................when is my EUC going to clear... Just kidding

Jim
    ________
    BUY CHEAP VOLCANO VAPORIZER
    Last edited by jim-m35a2; 04-15-2011 at 19:18.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,235 Times in 2,722 Posts

I went to Ft Meade Thursday just to see where the DRMO site was. I was in DC on business and stayed with a relative who lives close to the base.

We went to the site but could not get inside the compound but we did see a woman in the parking lot and she told us that the other GL DRMO sites are running out of room and they are moving stuff to her location.

The storage compound is elevated so you can't see anything inside unless you are on the base (we were) or actually inside the fence. Saw the trucks and wrecker and the one lone pontoon boat in the corner by itself.

I may be able to get my relative to go over and look for you guys. They are also a member of the SS site.

Kongo is his id.
    sw

Yes, that's an image of my skull.

Thanks

I'm not sure I like what is happening here. I'm not big into MVs like most of the members on here, so my opinion really holds very little value...but maybe others might agree but just haven't posted yet. I thought this site was a forum for MV owners to openly discuss their vehicles, repairs, etc. Fantastic. First problem I saw was when a rule was made to not allow specific GL auction info discussions. Well many bidders might want to ask questions about a specific lot, the condition of it, etc. Now that will ve very much limited. Then GL was allowed to advertise here. I see that as a conflict of interest. Our goals are to buy an item for the lowest price possible, and they want the most money possible. Not to mention how many people on here have had problems with GL. Would the NRA allow an anti-gun group to advertise on their site or in their publications? And now we have GL employees on here.

Whats going to happen to people who post a problem about GL? Will GL single them out and make their lives even more difficult (if that's possible)? I know most of the members on here would be very difficult to connect with their GL accounts, but there are many of us who live in rural areas where there is no chance of another GL buyer living close by.

As for the question above about exactly what an EUC should look like, well that doesn't really matter...its more up to how bad of a day the GL employee is having. My father had an EUC approved after several revisions. The next week he won another auction and had to fill out another EUC. He copied the approved EUC exactly, with the exception of the lot number. Well that one had to be revised...several times!

-Name withheld to protect my privacy
    1962 M35A2, LDS 427, 11.00-20 Goodyear radials, For Sale
    1971(?) M35A2, NDTs, may get bobbed
    1 M105A2, rough, work trailer

Thanks

The problem with not discussing GL auctions is the following: A discussion starts out with "I inspected XYZ truck today, and saw the following problems or not" Eventually, the discussion migrates to "I wont pay more than $XXX for the truck". Another poster says "I think it is worth $YYY" This could be construed as colusion, and specifically prohibited by Federal Law. Uncle Sam has prosecuted individuals and businesses in the past for such actions with DRMO/GL auctions.. The details are easily Googleable. Several major dealers have done it, and paid the fines. We dont want that to happen here.

This site has had several advertisers here, some stay, some have gone, and GL is just another advertiser here. They pay their $ for their ad, and get the space for it. Same as any other advertiser here.. Running this website does not happen for free, and the amount of donations coming in does not cover the costs of running it. If the members want to make this a paid site, (you pay X dollars to be able to read the posts and post your comments, then perhaps advertising would go away.. Somehow I dont see the membership going for this though)

The GL rep is here to try to iron out problems on the GL and customer side, and act as liason between the customer and GL... Lets give it a chance.. You never know, it just may make things easier on all avenues. I dont know of many other companies doing the same thing, trying to get the pulse of the customer and adress their concerns.

There is also the last option, if you dont like it here, you can go elsewhere... Thats whats great about America, the freedom of choice and to be able to own America's old War Machines...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast