• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Trouble

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
area52, I know what you mean. I'm not trying to argue with you :wink: . I agree that they could do a better job in the customer service dept. It just seems like they hold all the cards. I think the best course of action would be to to go over their heads and contact the KO as someone said in another post. I wish we knew who it was so we could.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M16...

Contacting the Contracting Officer is NOT going to help anyone on our level, as WE are not the customer that awarded the contract to GL... Uncle Sam is.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually could see the government stopping the sales of all trucks/trailers with the idea that they would be scrapped. They are doing this in Europe already. I have been told by a friend who has contacts within our govt that this is already being considered for CONUS. Take that for whatever it is worth. I will add that this would be much easier for the govt. I am not sure how much they would lose since the price of scrap is so high.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BKubu said:
I actually could see the government stopping the sales of all trucks/trailers with the idea that they would be scrapped. They are doing this in Europe already. I have been told by a friend who has contacts within our govt that this is already being considered for CONUS. Take that for whatever it is worth. I will add that this would be much easier for the govt. I am not sure how much they would lose since the price of scrap is so high.
Since when is the government concerned about losing/wasting money :lol: ? If someone high up thought it would be better to scrap they would do it. Even if it cost them millions. It's not their money, what do they care?

surpdlr

GL problems - Scrap Everything!!!???

I guess nobody has read some of my past posts.....

In the mid 1990's while the Government was playing with “how to sell surplus” they were trying lots of different approaches. This is how we ended up with Levy Latham, who was bought out buy Government Liquidation after GL won the remaining stock classes that Levy Latham wasn’t selling at the time. But I digress..... One of the ideas floated was to SCRAP EVERYTHING!!! From typewriters, trucks, office supplies, bearings, aircraft parts, electronics, clothing, web gear, vehicle parts, ALL OF IT!! The thinking was that the metals recovered would pay for land filling the rest.

Anybody who thinks that idea has gone away must not have received your “Retroactive Demill Letter” yet!!!!!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: GL problems - Scrap Everything!!!???

Anybody who thinks that idea has gone away must not have received your “Retroactive Demill Letter” yet!!!!!

Is this the one where they say "Sir, we need your ____ item back so we can melt it down"?

surpdlr

Re: RE: GL problems - Scrap Everything!!!???

FMJ said:

Is this the one where they say "Sir, we need your ____ item back so we can melt it down"?
That would be the one!!!!!

Why pass a "Demill Bill" when this test program seems to be working............

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: GL problems - Scrap Everything!!!???

Robyn?, are you out there?

I "chatted" with Meredith today regarding my SF97 status,

Me: "Hello, Do you have any info regarding the status of my SF97 requests?"
Meredith: "No, I don't have any status at this time, but they are in process"
Me: Great, Thanks, Have a nice day.

"in process" What does this mean exactly?........

kipman

RE: Re: RE: GL problems - Scrap Everything!!!???

Past 68 days for my titles, GL has said 5 days many times, can not sell my truck until the title comes, sent email to management with no responce.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: GL problems - Scrap Everything!!!???

kipman said:
Past 68 days for my titles, GL has said 5 days many times, can not sell my truck until the title comes, sent email to management with no responce.
I'm in the same boat..... tried to get New Mexico to issue me a title with the paid in full invoice and a clean NCIC check, but no go......

area52

no title route

Ed,

In New Mexico you can go get a "title bond" (I think its called) at your insurance place and you should be able to get a title without the SF-97. I am gonna try with my duece next week to go that route.

I have a guy at work that has done several vehicles this way when he did not have a title for them.

muddog

RE: GL PROBLEMS

I sent my first ECU 1/30/08, revisions needed 2/01 08, sent to Battle Creek 2/07/08, Problem report resolution return to Battle Creek 2/15/08. When will I here from somebody about the EUC? I was also told to fill out a EXPORT LETTER .DOC and I don't even want to sell anything I bid on. I was told everybody has to fill out the same form. Needless to say I was declined on exporting yesterday which now I wonder if that will reflect on my EUC'S. I call GL and asked about the export letter and the woman whom I could hardly understand( her broken english) told me this was normal. Can anbody tell me if this is the way GL works. I'm begining to think I,ve been passed over. I won three bids and I,m beginning to think I,m going end up empty handed???????

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: no title route

area52 said:
Ed,

In New Mexico you can go get a "title bond" (I think its called) at your insurance place and you should be able to get a title without the SF-97. I am gonna try with my duece next week to go that route.

I have a guy at work that has done several vehicles this way when he did not have a title for them.
Do you have any more info regarding this?, I'm going to call USAA, but what would they have to do with this titile bond thing? If there is a way to bypass all this BS from GL I'm all over it!

area52

RE: Re: no title route

I called my insurance agent at Alllstate and they knew what I was talking about. Just tell them you are trying to title a vehicle that has never had a title and see it they will issue a title bond.

Bozor1000

RE: Re: no title route

This is my first time dealing with GL. Once I pick up my vehicle, I have to submit the request for the SF97 so I can get it registered in my state? If this is true, how do I go about getting the SF97 request submitted. Thanks for all the help and information. Steve

EdMontana

m16ty said:
area52 said:
While I agree this could happen, I doubt it. Look at the prices some of the trucks are getting. I know scrap iron is high but they would make more money as whole vehicles than scrap/no title. and profit is everything.

My first GL win deuce I actually got an Arizona title for it. I realize that they are doing alot more business now, but they should expand the help also.
In my line of work we do alot of work for scrap companies. Right now I can sell scrap to the scrap yard for $206.00 a ton or roughly $1,300 per deuce. The scrap yard makes almost double that when they process it and send it to the foundry or $2,600 per deuce.

When GL sells scrap all they have to do is put it all in one pile and take one picture. No EUC or SF97 to worry about or have staff to process. No having to deal with appointments for several differnt people picking up trucks and trying to get them running so they can drive them home.

As you can see, Going the scrap route could be close to the same money with alot less hassel for GL. I hope it dosen't come to this :cry: .

I think those values are too hi, also, someone must be paid in the process to get it ready or taking whatever is not metal out and cutting it up. Also, the cost to transport it from GL to processing place and them to scrap yard..will not be cheap after all the deductions are applied and I can't see it worth the same or more than sell as a vehicle.

Now, GL is not the Government...they want to make the max cash....the Government is the one that does not care as is tax payers money anyway.....that's big difference there, and is obvious that if was up to Uncle Sam everything would be scrap.

Now, the Democrats want to pass some laws that nothing would be sold to civilian or scraped......they want "rent" warehouses to store everything.......until they rust to the end I guess. So, they not only will not make money, but will expend out tax dollars paying for warehouses to store junk. I can see some people, most likely the politicians close friends, buying warehouses to make big $$$ if that happen.

USMilitarySurplus

I don't know all the details but the government did recently consider ending the sale of all demil BQ items, which includes military vehicles. Basically, they considered stopping the sale of anything that requires an EUC. I don't know what they would have done with these items, whether destroy them or sell them as scrap metal or what. I heard that some of our buyers contacted their congressmen/women to try and put a damper on that idea. We're still selling BQ items as of today though.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Robyn, with regard to ending Demil B&Q sales, would that involve the return of all such equipment in civilian hands? That would definitely impact your future sales...if people thought they would be losing whatever they won at auction. I have often worried that they might come for our trucks eventually. People would be out thousands of dollars since most of us invest a lot into the trucks we buy. I bought a truck for $3200 from GL and, as it sits, I have over $25,000 in it. I'd hate to receive a letter telling me that I need to return the $25,000 truck to GL and get a $3,200 refund.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks