• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedometer and tachometer m923a2

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the speedometer apparently does not get "powered" from the trans...then where?? Was told from the ABS?

74M35A2

I'll check mine, or check the TM (can't believe I'm saying that), but typically on anything with a low range, the pickup is then on the output of the transfer case. This way, the speed still shows correctly if operated in low or high range.

Modern automotive, yes, they simply take the average of the 4 ABS tone ring wheel pulses. Easy.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
As Albert said. Speedometer is on the transfer case on the rear side of it. It has an adapter on it to make it offset. and the Tachometer goes to the engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks