• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from MN in IA

Lucky7

Hey everyone. I've been lurking around on the site for awhile, but finally decided to make an account to ask questions/learn more about MVs. I'm a Minnesotan going to school in Iowa and I've always had an interest in military surplus vehicles. I would very much like to own and modify a 2 1/2 ton rig when I graduate, and if I ever have the money for it, maybe a MK48 LVS someday. The LVSR isn't nearly as interesting. :beer:

Go Cyclones!

71DeuceAK

Welcome! As a 17 year old, I myself was firmly convinced I would have an M35A2 or M923A2 as a daily driver. I ended up with an M928A1 as the only vehicle I've ever owned.

Lucky7

Welcome! As a 17 year old, I myself was firmly convinced I would have an M35A2 or M923A2 as a daily driver. I ended up with an M928A1 as the only vehicle I've ever owned.

That's quite the first set of wheels! I've always wanted one of the bigger trucks, but there has never been enough space at the house for one. Gave it some serious thought when I moved into the dorms, but wouldn't know where to park the dang thing when I'm home for the summer! Though if I sold both of my pickups maybe I could make room...:idea:

71DeuceAK

Funny you mention that, as unfortunately I live in cramped university housing right now myself! That may be about to change but I don't think I could stuff the 928 at that house either. With that said, my truck is currently in Oklahoma and I'm in Alaska, so I have bigger worries in terms of getting it even in the same state as me first.

Lucky7

That'd be quite a drive, especially in a truck like that! Don't know what your parking situation is like, but if your dorm or the school in general has an overflow lot down the road maybe you could stash it there. I think the hardest part would be getting the university to issue a parking permit for it:grd:. I see some M35s on craigslist sometimes for very tempting prices, but I'm just not mechanically confident enough to own one as my only vehicle.

71DeuceAK

That'd be quite a drive, especially in a truck like that! Don't know what your parking situation is like, but if your dorm or the school in general has an overflow lot down the road maybe you could stash it there. I think the hardest part would be getting the university to issue a parking permit for it:grd:. I see some M35s on craigslist sometimes for very tempting prices, but I'm just not mechanically confident enough to own one as my only vehicle.
Oh, I was (and still am!) out of my mind. Worse yet, there was possibly going to be an hourlong (at Deuce speed) commute in the offering. University parking would have been yet another issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks