• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 shotgun mount

2deuce

I have an M151a1 and a Stevens 77e. Has anyone mounted a shotgun in their M151? I know the M14 and M16 were mounted, but I didn't want to substitute, but to make the shotgun additional if possible. The Stevens 77e, I believe was the only military contract shotgun in the Vietnam war and kind of scarce. It's about 39" long. If anyone has a picture of theirs or in military use, that would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:

FrankUSMC

The only issue shotgun in Viet Nam??... there are pictures of the WWI M97 trench gun still in use with the american forces in Viet Nam....the Air force still had the WWII M12 shotguns up into the 1990s. The Marines had Remington build them M870 shotguns in 1968...and we were still using them up till a short time ago...
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

2deuce

I know they had many shotguns from WWI and WWII in the Vietnam war but the army and marines needed more so they contracted with Stevens in 1965 and Ithica in 1962. They also bought civvy shotguns on the open market. I shouldn't have typed issued, because they had 1200's 1100's, Brownings, 870's issued, but I think the only US property marked contracted shotguns were 65k Stevens 77e and 23k Ithica 37s. They were parkerized. Did you ever see any parkerized 870's? That would be interesting! I think they were police riot guns, but some 870's were long barreled civvy versions too. Some of the auto's had heat shields and I think they were prototypes. Very few of these shotguns made it back here so they are scarce. I would like to display my Mutt with the 77e as correctly as possible.

Thanks

FrankUSMC

Yes, the 870 was parkerized, and it took the M16 bayonet, but did not have the heat shields. Everyone I saw that was issued were nasty and abused.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

nattieleather

The issued riffle mount that was designed for the M14/M16 will work with just about any riffle/shotgun. I've seen folks put and M1 in them, Mossburg 590's Remington 870s etc. Want additional to the one mount just put in two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks