• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12v gauges in 5 ton?

smokem joe

Anyone dropped a resistor inline to run a 12v gauge? I found mechanical boost and egt in 12v but not 24v. I think it would just be lighting that would take power and could maybe even switch out the bulb?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Anyone dropped a resistor inline to run a 12v gauge? I found mechanical boost and egt in 12v but not 24v. I think it would just be lighting that would take power and could maybe even switch out the bulb?
find out which bulb it is and swap it for a wide voltage LED. Everything else is just mechanical.

Lukes_deuce

If they are mechanical gauges, then they only need power for the lighting. Swap the bulb as Simp stated, or you can run a transformer to step it down. Other option is to order 24 volt gauges. Hewitt industries has quality products that are 24 volt as well. I run their EGT gauge and like it.

smokem joe

Thanks guys! Gauges are ordered. They are Hewitt gauges, but coming with boost and egt from amazon as the price can't be beat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks