• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2. u bolts source

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a source for a set of u bolts for a m35a2? Are the specs listed anywhere to have them made. I could not find them. Rough measurement is about 13 inches long .

i need them for the rear of a m108. They appear to be same as the front of a m35a2

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If memory serves, the rear is different. It has a bit of a side bend to it. There were some on egay not too long ago, ill see if I can find you a link.

sue

I have a complete set for the front(used)
pay for shipping there yours.
text me Monday am (918)260-7798

Bill W

I have a new complete (4) set for the rear ( including nuts ) that I bought from Memphis equipt years ago for my deuce but ended up changing out the whole spring pack and trunion instead. $120.00 picked up here.

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better check the used on code, the 108 may have longer shanks due to that spring stiffener on top, or whatever that thing is called.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Deuce u bolts will work I had a couple of sets made up with nuts. $50 bucks for four and you pay shipping. Or I can bring them to the GA. ralley.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good trailer repair place can make them. You just need to have one for them to go by.
Yep but my local place Tampa spring and aliment could not do the Deuce as the did not have the correct gig. They could / did do my 5 ton u bolts. I found a place on a trip to Ohio to pick up GL parts or check in with Gimpy and they did them for my Deuce.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear m35a2 u bolts are completely different. The front m35a2 ubolts look to be more correct. The length is right as well as the shape

I’m going to remove m108 springs to get to the last 2 remaining dog bones. The current ubolts are rough and no way need to be used again. Very thin in one spot. I may can use as a pattern if I have to.

The m49 or m50 may have the same walking beam spring pack but I’m not sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks