• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear suspension for 5 ton bob

jimbo66348

I am bobbing a 923, and originally intended on using a front suspension, in the rear. To avoid indexing the brakes due to spring brake interference, using the under frame mounts; has anybody used side mount hangers? If so, what application were they?

jimbo66348

Well, so far it looks like any international, and Ford rear suspension will work. As far as the spring brakes go, it looks like nobody here knows. I will figure it out on my own, and inform this group how it will work.

tobyS

I believe there are a couple of posts that show rotating them to a position that they will work....sorry, no more details. I'm doing my A3 deuce with the 105 perch's because of side mounts. good luck.

jimbo66348

Today I stripped my frame and got it ready for the new rear suspension. I scored one today for a hundred bucks. When they cut it out, I can strip it and install it in mine. I got pics, but have no idea how to post them.

jimbo66348

No updates, as of yet. Still searching for rear suspension parts. The last setup I was waiting a week for, is still at scrap yard. I have little tolerance for people who don't do what they say. I found another, but the owner wanted 300.00 for it with rotted crossmembers.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice! What did you end up sourcing your suspension from? Ride hight looks good, and I like the idea of the overloads, are you going to put the stops on so you can utilize them?

jimbo66348

I've gotta raise up the rear, a bit. The suspension is from a 98 Pete single axle. Any international, Ford, Freightliner, etc. will work. Outboard springs are inherently more stable. Getting the ride height proper, is the issue. I will put the overload stops on after the body is mounted.

jimbo66348

I'm upgrading this truck to use it commercially. I have to install back up lights/ beeper, and there is a secondary brake light switch on the rear double check valve. Where is there a location to get power for these switches?

74M35A2

A pressure switch is added to the trans for reverse lights. 3 minute job. Switched power can be taken from the dash switch, or anything powered by it. Heater blower switch is probably easiest to get to, and has both 12v and 24v going to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks