• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 wont start

Gator57

DE0C58DE-977B-4006-99C9-4568F71BB8FE.jpg06351026-34C9-477C-91ED-ADF82A9CD1AF.jpgWell after one year a stellar steadfast service the 1009 has decided to not start. Drove it one weekend perfect, sat for a week and tried to start again seven days later to haul some wood and nothin. Checked GP's OK, bled air and water from fuel filter (it is a new filter). GP wait light comes on but it seems like it takes a little longer than I remember to hear the solenoid click (four second delay on wait light) to indicate "start".

The weather had changed a bit from 80's to 70/60's sometimes mid 40's at night.

I took the air filter off to just generally inspect what i couldn't see otherwise and noticed that some of the vacuum hoses are cracked and in one case at the front of the engine by the IP on the passenger side there is a rubber fitting that has two hoses running to it and one of them was cracked and the connector was almost completed separated from its connection. There is another at the firewall that is severely cracked and looks like it needs replacing as well. The one that concerns me is the one by the IP it looks like a special fitting that accepts the two hoses and then connects to it mated other half to secure proper seal.

Would these cracked or defective hoses cause staring issues?

BTW it cranks strong, looks to have adequate GP and fuel is getting there as there is white smoke coming out of the tailpipes after attempted starts.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks