• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identification of Marine Diesel?

dk8019

Ok, it showed up today, it's rather odd engine.

The majority of the exterior components are bolt on, and all made by Banks Power, generally all stamped Gale Banks Sidewinder Engineering or some variation thereof. It would also appear the engine may never have been ran, as the exhaust manifold is powder coated, and unless it's some magically powder coat, it's all still present. Not sure the story here, but Banks appears to have played with a lot of very high HP diesels over the years. I'm still not sure who's block is used, it could very well be a 5.9 or 6.7 Cummins QSB, the more I look at the injector rail etc, I'm more and more positive that's what it is with all kinds of fancy bits attached to it.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck of a lot of NO GOOD I am on this one I looked at every pic and all I saw was all the crap bolted to the block, not positive I ever saw the block at all??
Karl

dk8019

I reached out to Banks, we'll see if they want it. It's in the garage now. It weighs a little over 1500lbs the way it sits. This one is definitely a Cummins engine, I'm relatively sure it's a 6.7. It has a rather interesting intake setup, a huge marine type turbo amongst many other oddities. It turns over and has more compression than I can overcome in my first attempts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks