• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bad portal

carc383

I have a 1989 m998 that the right rear portal ran dry and bearings fried . TM say that if bearings are bad to change whole unit . What am I to do, they have new portals for sale on ebay for $875 but they are 12,1t00lb units. Would it be ok to put this instead of the 10,300 unit . I know I would probably have to change out half shaft to match .What do you think would be most economical way to fix it , change all bearings or try to locate 10,300 unit or if its ok put a 12,100 . your ideas would help me out a bunch because as of now I don't know exactly what to do

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just rebuilt it...quite simple.
but I have units here I can rebuild for you...I have all components in stock.
going to a 12k unit will cost you additional money in new A2 12k halfshaft..additional $350 or so, depending on what shaft.

carc383

My m998 is an 1989 model it’s never been reset so I’m not sure what it’s got is there some numbers on unit I can look for to tell you what I’ve got and what would it cost for me to get one with you to get me back going

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My m998 is an 1989 model it’s never been reset so I’m not sure what it’s got is there some numbers on unit I can look for to tell you what I’ve got and what would it cost for me to get one with you to get me back going

i checked my stock and actually have several units already rebuilt and ready to ship.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks