• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-015a Carburetor help

justacitizen

if you know the part number you can purchase the parts from Aircraft Spruce on the web. they carry most of the individual parts. price will be high because aircraft liability but many parts are the same. i think they even have an updated float.

strycnine

Struck out with zenith.

Hello Jack,

Sorry this carb is no longer available as it was our number 0-13930.

Regards,

Mike Farmer

Zenith Fuel Systems LLC

Keith_J

I have made a needle seat for this carb out of a small Viton o-ring. It runs fine on ethanol free gasoline but I still drain the carb between runs. I doubt any other parts from aircraft carbs will work as these are typically 100+ horsepower.

For gaskets, any computer controlled cutter would work, just need to make the drawing file. Its just that pesky float and ethanol gasoline.

strycnine

I have made a needle seat for this carb out of a small Viton o-ring. It runs fine on ethanol free gasoline but I still drain the carb between runs. I doubt any other parts from aircraft carbs will work as these are typically 100+ horsepower.

For gaskets, any computer controlled cutter would work, just need to make the drawing file. Its just that pesky float and ethanol gasoline.
I have a vinyl cutter that we could use. Who can make a line file?

Keith_J

Well got to working on it. Cleaned it up really nice. Put a small Oring in the lock nut so it clinches down on the adjustment screw. Other wise it was literally spinning itself out. The old cork washer is still in there but it doesn't do as nice a job.
So (lol) I have a new problem. I can turn the adjustment screw until the needle seats and the engine will keep running. In fact turning it 1 full turn out makes it run rich. The only thing I can think of is there is fuel leaking past the cork seal that sits in the middle and seals the upper and lower part of the carb.
Do they sell seal kits?
That is low speed mixture adjustment. You should never run a generator at idle so set at the TM spec, 1-1/2 turn from fully closed. You could try exhaust gas temperature measurement and it would be safest to run rich of peak EGT. But I doubt it will make any difference as mixture at speed is set by the main jet and there is little velocity over the idle port with any throttle.

This is a dead simple carb compared to what is required these days on outdoor power equipment small engines thanks to the EPA.

Guyfang

Staff member
I had hoped it was free. It's free here to Germany. If it wasn't free to the States, thought I might offer to accept a package here, and then send it over to the states. Wouldn't be free, but lower then most of these company's charge you. There is a few company's here that sell surplus. I checked out the sites, as I had seen carbs a year or two back. No carbs, but other stuff. Original air filters, governors, hose kits. That sort of stuff. Even an entire 6 hp engine, with electronic ignition, in a crate.

strycnine

I had hoped it was free. It's free here to Germany. If it wasn't free to the States, thought I might offer to accept a package here, and then send it over to the states. Wouldn't be free, but lower then most of these company's charge you. There is a few company's here that sell surplus. I checked out the sites, as I had seen carbs a year or two back. No carbs, but other stuff. Original air filters, governors, hose kits. That sort of stuff. Even an entire 6 hp engine, with electronic ignition, in a crate.
Any voltage regulators?

Guyfang

Staff member
For what model gen sets. I can look. Give me also NSN and part number. That way I don't have to get up off the couch and hobble over to the computer and look it up.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks