• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 NHC240 Fuel Delivery Issue

captcarc

My 5-ton has not run well for awhile, sometimes seeming to starve for fuel or losing prime. A couple of days ago, it stalled and woudn't restart. Yesterday, cleaned fuel lines, removed fuel filter and can blow fuel from tank to injector pump. Reconnected everything and still won't run, except on ether. Jumped solenoid on injector pump while turning over and will fire and try to run. I'm thinking I want to replace that solenoid. Is it 24v or 12v? Any experience with this solenoid failing? Thank you very much!!! Frank

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is still bad on the 816 and I just ran the thumb screw in for now and use the emergency shut down cable. If I remember 24 volt and you could check to see if your getting full voltage to it and good ground.

Attachments

Last edited:

lindsey97

Probably the fuel line in between the filter and the injection pump. Will not show leaks or wet spots. Will lose prime, not start, and finally won't run. The line dry rots, has very small cracks, which allows air to enter and the system won't stay primed.

Replace the line.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easy with the starting smelling salts, it likes to loosen carbon and stick rings.

captcarc

Floridianson, I hope to try your fix/bypass tomorrow. I don't have much experience with the emergency shut down cable. Do you have to open the hood to reset it for every restart? Thanks.

captcarc

Well I installed two cable locks fore and aft and have been adjusting. If the objective is to move the injector pump lever through the full range, i.e. 45 degree towards front and 45 degrees to the rear then I have a problem. I can pull the emergency stop lever in the cab to obtain the 45 degrees towards the rear, but can only push the injector pump lever to almost vertical before the cable bows without pushing the lever to the 45 degrees to the front. I am considering bolting in an 8" piece of bar stock to tie the floppy, shielded cable end to, to stabilize the cable thus curing the bowing. Thoughts? Thank you!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A spring to pull the emergency shut down back to the run position when you push the shut down cable back in.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks