• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS and Arduino

Plasa

Hello all!
As announced, here a short and unprofessional video of my Arduino CTIS ECU. It's an example on how it works when pressure is too low, it works also when pressure is to high.
You can set 4 diffrent pressures depending your needs, and works with 4x4 and 6x6 trucks as well. You do not need to change anything on truck side, just plug in and hope there are not other faults in the entire system, like stuck pipes, non closing wheel valves, leaking blow out valves etc...

Christian

ramdough

Hello all!
As announced, here a short and unprofessional video of my Arduino CTIS ECU. It's an example on how it works when pressure is too low, it works also when pressure is to high.
You can set 4 diffrent pressures depending your needs, and works with 4x4 and 6x6 trucks as well. You do not need to change anything on truck side, just plug in and hope there are not other faults in the entire system, like stuck pipes, non closing wheel valves, leaking blow out valves etc...

Christian
Does this system detect the same faults as the original system, and let you know what they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plasa

Does this system detect the same faults as the original system, and let you know what they are?

There are some error messages, like PCU sensor fault, leaking wheel valves (if there is a heavy leakage), but not more. The ECU do not read the speed sensor to warn if you are in overspeed with low pressure.

Christian

Third From Texas

My controller is going tits-up. It's been acting up for some time.

Mine is an A1R with the C7 and all sorts of fun electrical bits. The controller is different than the A0 models (I'm told that they are totally incompatible). I'm not really interested in spending a grand on the correct OEM controller, and I've always said that I wanted to go Arduino when the time comes.

But the problem is: what exactly is the difference between the older A0 controllers and the later A1R controllers? And can it be negated via Arduino programming?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mine is an A1R with the C7 and all sorts of fun electrical bits. The controller is different than the A0 models (I'm told that they are totally incompatible). I'm not really interested in spending a grand on the correct OEM controller, and I've always said that I wanted to go Arduino when the time comes.

But the problem is: what exactly is the difference between the older A0 controllers and the later A1R controllers? And can it be negated via Arduino programming?
I'm not sure if there is a separate A1R controller, but there are A0 (green) and A1 (black) controllers. The black ones are programmed differently (PSI), and did not work in my A0 (for whatever reason... it could have been bad, or just not liked the A0, but it just blinked "CTIS Overspeed" all the time).

Since the Arduino route is circumventing most of the original circuitry, it may still work.

Ronmar

Yea they all use the same PCU and sensor…. Now wether they assigned different wiring for that at the controller end of the harness may be an issue. They do have different dash harnesses in the different trucks…

Ned81

I ordered an Arduino controller from Plasa. It’s in transit right now. It’s completely customizable on the fly. He has been building them and updating them for a while.

Plasa

What I know (and I do not know much) is that from A1 (the black ECU) speed signal is not a digital signal, but on CAN BUS. This can explain why overspeed warning do not work. The entire ctis is from dana/spicer, I don't think they changed the wiring, if it's always the same round connection...

Solenoids and pressure sensor / transducer are the same. But I can immagine that if the speed signal is not correct, the OEM ECU will not work to prevent damages.

Christian

I ordered an Arduino controller from Plasa. It’s in transit right now. It’s completely customizable on the fly. He has been building them and updating them for a while.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am interested in a controller that will control the front and rear axles separately, using a set point, instead of selectable pre-sets.

Plasa

Right, you have to split the entire CTIS system in 2 parts, front and rear. No ECU for now will handle that, except if you add a intermediary valve and switch from front to back manually. So PCU and ECU do not know that only 1 axle is measured. But you can't set 2 diffrent pressures, so you have to change ECU anyway.

Christian

You would need a different PCU or another set of intermediary solenoid valves to divide up the system into front and rear sections…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks