• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS and Arduino

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would need a different PCU or another set of intermediary solenoid valves to divide up the system into front and rear sections…
Adding another set of valves should not be that difficult to do. My son is a computer hardware engineer and familiar with Arduino. I think I'll take a shot at it.

coachgeo

Adding another set of valves should not be that difficult to do. My son is a computer hardware engineer and familiar with Arduino. I think I'll take a shot at it.
having enough controllable vales to go per wheel would be nice... then could level the rig (us camper types). granted the disadvantage would be more things (valves, air lines etc.) to go wrong.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
having enough controllable vales to go per wheel would be nice... then could level the rig (us camper types). granted the disadvantage would be more things (valves, air lines etc.) to go wrong.
The air is supplied to the axle at only one spot. You'd have to modify the axles (and not in a minor way).

Ronmar

The air is supplied to the axle at only one spot. You'd have to modify the axles (and not in a minor way).
The air is applied at each hub via an individual air line attached where the hub assembly attaches to the ends of the axles. The lines split at the dump valves, that have one input from the PCU, two outlet ports(one to each wheel) and the dump vent. You could put a solenoid valve on each of the 4 lines after they leave the dump valves, to control each wheel independently.

Those are large gauge fittings at the dump valves so would require pretty large solenoid valves to do that… It will also require some more artfull coding to allow the system to individually access and check/control each wheel…

STI2NR

Hello!
Yes, I just finished 2 for a M1088 and M1078 I think...

Christian
Hi Christian. My name is Sean. I am the owner/Admin for the facebook LMTV group you can find here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1607576859556624/
I also have a youtube channel with an LMTV build series you can see here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUTG4CMV-SQ8laz4aUDVyMU2xNHPDFGrJ
I am currently updating my ENTIRE CTIS system. I would love to add your custom CTIS controller to my build series and feature it on my channel.
How do I go about purchasing a unit from you that is ready to work on my truck?? I have paypal if that helps.
Please let me know. Greatly appreciated!
Sean

PS I tried to send you a private message but it said "OOPS please send a message to patracy to get started" Not sure why it did that. Anyhow if you can send me a PM I would love to purchase a unit from you. Thanks!

Third From Texas

The A1R isn’t any different than the A1 or A0… same PCU using same control wires from the controller. Same dump valves and wheel components also…
What is it that causes the incompatibility with the controllers. I've read that one will work with either truck, but the other is unique to that variant. I'd just assumed that it was the A1R that was unique.

Ronmar

What is it that causes the incompatibility with the controllers. I've read that one will work with either truck, but the other is unique to that variant. I'd just assumed that it was the A1R that was unique.
What makes them different is the vehicle harness.

I think at some point they tried to make one controller work with and behave differently in multiple vehicles. iE: different pressure settings for a highway tractor vis a truck that may see more off-road time. I believe they did this by applying the power to the controller on different pins, determined by the vehicle specific harness, so the controller would adapt to the vehicle. I don't think the earlier controllers are compatible with this scheme, so they have an issue plugging into a newer harness and getting with the program so to speak…

But in the end they all use the same PCU and plumbing, so are easy to adapt to an Arduino or manual controller…

Third From Texas

What makes them different is the vehicle harness.

I think at some point they tried to make one controller work with and behave differently in multiple vehicles. iE: different pressure settings for a highway tractor vis a truck that may see more off-road time. I believe they did this by applying the power to the controller on different pins, determined by the vehicle specific harness, so the controller would adapt to the vehicle. I don't think the earlier controllers are compatible with this scheme, so they have an issue plugging into a newer harness and getting with the program so to speak…

But in the end they all use the same PCU and plumbing, so are easy to adapt to an Arduino or manual controller…
Awesome info.

Thanks as usual!

coachgeo

Hi Christian. My name is Sean. I am the owner/Admin for the facebook LMTV group you can find here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1607576859556624/
I also have a youtube channel with an LMTV build series you can see here https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUTG4CMV-SQ8laz4aUDVyMU2xNHPDFGrJ
I am currently updating my ENTIRE CTIS system. I would love to add your custom CTIS controller to my build series and feature it on my channel.
How do I go about purchasing a unit from you that is ready to work on my truck?? I have paypal if that helps.
Please let me know. Greatly appreciated!
Sean

PS I tried to send you a private message but it said "OOPS please send a message to patracy to get started" Not sure why it did that. Anyhow if you can send me a PM I would love to purchase a unit from you. Thanks!
Sean... many discussions boards limit ones ability to access certain features until after you have posted X number of post that dont get flagged..... aka. another way to prevent spammers to get registered and spam the board or spam board users PM's. Pat Tracy can override that. He is the primary Admin.

Plasa

Don't know if they really change the wiring on A1R, if someone have a actual wiring diagram for the A1R CTIS harness I can give a look. In my eyes the main diffrence is the speed sensor. A1R use CAN bus, older versions a modulated signal. But I am not using the speed signal because I think that most of us are smart enough to understand that riding at 30mph with 20psi isn't that funny. Same for the overspeed warning light.
The diffrence between 4x4 and 6x6 are only the pressure transducer on the PCU and the wheel valves. Plus the ECU have diffrent pressure settings. My unit can set 4 diffrent pressures, all pressure transducer give a value between 0 and 1024. So it's only a matter of what value is read, and setting it.
For the rest I think it should also work on a A1R. If someone have a A1R truck, let me know, I can send a unit for testing...
Christian

Ned81

I have had one of plasa’s controllers for a year now. It’s been perfect. He is a great guy to deal with as well. Thank you Christian!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks