• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS and Arduino

Ronmar

I believe they all use the same connector, i think the difference lies in which pin in the connector receives power, which determines how the controller is supposed to behave. Had this discussion a long while back with someone and we discovered different power on different pins…

Third From Texas

I believe they all use the same connector, i think the difference lies in which pin in the connector receives power, which determines how the controller is supposed to behave. Had this discussion a long while back with someone and we discovered different power on different pins…
Yeah, I'd love to find the actual schematic for the A1R controller.

I swear I read that one version was compatible with all, but the other only worked with the intended truck. It was all second-hand discussion if I recall. I also seem to recall one seller warning a purchaser that the one he was trying to purchase wouldn't work in his truck.

/dunno

Last edited:

Ronmar

Well from the A1 schematic, it shows 3 possible power feeds(H,M & Z). With 3 feed points, you could control up to 7 different program responses/configurations. If they kept pin H as a constant, as it seems to be shown as connected in all the info I have, you could switch between 4 different programs.

As for compatibility, as Christian mentioned, from A0 to A1 they shifted from pulsed speed sense to data buss speed signal. The controllers appear to have, and probably do have the same pinout, but wether they are programmed the same, and how the truck is connected to those pins, I believe determines compatibility and function…

9EB2D534-03F9-4FA4-941E-75220F2A99FC.jpeg

Ned81

Not sure this helps with the discussion but I have a0 truck. I purchased a black controller ( don’t have the part number handy) and it did work in my truck but the pressures were off. Hwy was about 80psi with stock pressures sensor. The worst part was the overspeed would kick on at around 35 mph in hwy. even lower speed at lower pressure settings. This is why I went with Christian’s solution.
Point here is the newer controller did work with my old truck so I would guess the opposite would be true too. Since Christian’s controller is customizable and doesn’t read the speed sensor I would think it would work on any of these trucks. But I’m guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronmar

Oh ye
Not sure this helps with the discussion but I have a0 truck. I purchased a black controller ( don’t have the part number handy) and it did work in my truck but the pressures were off. Hwy was about 80psi with stock pressures sensor. The worst part was the overspeed would kick on at around 35 mph in hwy. even lower speed at lower pressure settings. This is why I went with Christian’s solution.
Point here is the newer controller did work with my old truck so I would guess the opposite would be true too. Since Christian’s controller is customizable and doesn’t read the speed sensor I would think it would work on any of these trucks. But I’m guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Christians arduino based controller should work on any truck, same as the manual approach, as the original controllers used the same PCU control and pressure sensor pinouts on that cannon plug H is 28V, F is ground. R, B & C(to F) are the 3 solenoids. b,c & j are the PCU pressure sensor Lines. T is the wet tank pressure switch. If gives a path to ground when the tank is over 117PSI, and opens that ground path when the tank goes below 89…

Plasa

Thank you Ronmar! I think we should test it on a A1R, Third from Texas wrote me and I will send him a unit for testing. Right now is difficult to find a vendor for the MIL plug, but I will do my best ;-)
From the schematics I am quite sure that the important pins (solenoids, wet tank pressure and pressure transducer) are the same, so as long as we do not need the speed pin everything should work like on A0/A1.
Christian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks