Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: CTIS and Arduino

Corporal
    Thanks

Put this on my truck tonight and it works awesome. Never thought I would get such a kick out of tires inflating. My truck did not come with a controller so all the valves have not functioned in who knows how long. Each cycle of fill and deflate the pressures from wheel to wheel manually verified got closer to each other till they matched. EXCEPT one wheel that has held pressure for 6 weeks with no CTIS hooked up. Now it never goes up in pressure just down a little each time. Is it a stuck wheel valve?
    1995 M1084

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SausageGuy For This Useful Post:

Plasa (06-28-2019), Third From Texas (06-12-2019)

Colonel
    Thanks

Leaking axle seal, fitting or hose? Front or rear? On rear check the axle air vent line where it connects to a vent up on the frame. On the front, roll the wheel so the filler plug on the gear cover points up and remove it and activate the system. You are looking for air coming from that gear oil fill port or the air vent. No air there, get some bubble mix, put it in a spray bottle and start hosing down lines and fittings to the effected wheel valve while it is trying to fill... my guess is it is leaking badly and Less air pressure is reaching the tire than is in it so it opens the wheel valve and drains the tire.

If you have shop air applied to the emer gladhand at the front(chock wheels as it releases the park brake) you might be able to hear a leak if the engine isnt running. Thats how I found my first leak as I couldnt hear it over the engine

The OEM system detects fill anomalies when it checks pressure by doing several checks looking for changing pressure as air escapes thru the leak. This causes the system to fault....

Corporal
    Thanks

Interesting because it is my intermediate axle and I checked differential fluid yesterday and when cracked filler plug it vented pressure. I followed vent line all the way to back of truck where it T's into vent line from other rear axle and then goes to vent. I had not gotten back to trying to see if line is clogged.
    1995 M1084

MVPA
    37424E
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,033 Times in 3,278 Posts

Here's the ino file.

ctis_0.8.ino
    M114
    1992 M1038
    1969 M35A2 wo/w, hoist in bed, heater, Ooga horn, Recentered HEMTTs and 395's, "Candy Smasher"
    1968 M543A2 Wrecker - You know, for heavy lifting...
    1984 M931 - SEMTT project
    198? M270 trailer TBD...
    1985 M1008 - SMOKEY 8" lift, 37" humvee 24 bolt wheels/tires, turbocharged.
    And a few M105 and M101 and other trailers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to patracy For This Useful Post:

Third From Texas (06-23-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SausageGuy View Post
    Interesting because it is my intermediate axle and I checked differential fluid yesterday and when cracked filler plug it vented pressure. I followed vent line all the way to back of truck where it T's into vent line from other rear axle and then goes to vent. I had not gotten back to trying to see if line is clogged.

Something not dealt with in here yet is something being afoul with the air solenoid mounted on the intermediate axle that activates the locker sitting between the two axles. Conceivably this might could pressurize middle axle if an issue exist
    Last edited by coachgeo; 06-24-2019 at 11:08.
    One does not get troubles in life... just character building opportunities. Build on with a smile

Moderator: Orange Tractor Talks & AmbulanceRV

Daily driver- 99 VW TDI or 2002 KLR DIESEL w/cvt... weather permitting
    Projects: 96 M1078, 97 Triumph Tiger w/3cyl Diesel Kubota
    Sold: 1962 Dieselized Unimog 404, 1984 Int. 24foot Flatbed, 97 Jeep TJ heavily Modified, Datsun Roadster(s) & 510(s)

Thanks

Hello all.
    As promised the Arduino sketch for the CTIS controller. The sketch is complete, but the I/O pin's are set on default. This because depends on the wiring (I made a PCB). The sketch is also able to read / write the default pressures of the 4 terrain modes. You need to write the 4 pressure values in the EEPROM memory the first time. Otherwise you get a error warning in the display and the ECU do not work.

Of course the sketch does not cover all the funcitonality of the original one. I have only a M1078, so no functionality for 6x6 or interaxle lockers. But maybe someone will make it better. For me (and now for 5 others) the ECU is working well...

Thanks and regards from Italy!

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by patracy View Post
    Here's the ino file.

ctis_0.8.ino

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Plasa For This Useful Post:

ramdough (06-24-2019), Ronmar (06-24-2019), Third From Texas (06-24-2019)

Colonel
    Thanks

Default CTIS and Arduino

Quote Originally Posted by Plasa View Post
    Hello all.
    As promised the Arduino sketch for the CTIS controller. The sketch is complete, but the I/O pin's are set on default. This because depends on the wiring (I made a PCB). The sketch is also able to read / write the default pressures of the 4 terrain modes. You need to write the 4 pressure values in the EEPROM memory the first time. Otherwise you get a error warning in the display and the ECU do not work.

Of course the sketch does not cover all the funcitonality of the original one. I have only a M1078, so no functionality for 6x6 or interaxle lockers. But maybe someone will make it better. For me (and now for 5 others) the ECU is working well...

Thanks and regards from Italy!

Christian
    Awesome!

Is the schematic or artwork for your Pcb available too? It would save me some effort if you could post the parts list at schematic. The artwork would be gravy.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ramdough; 06-24-2019 at 08:07.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7