• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Russian vehicle

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ZIL 131 right? I got to crawl all over one of those 20 years ago. That one was full of radio gear but was horribly rusted out. I really wanted the radio set but could not afford it anyway!

My take on the truck was that it is extremely basic and as long as there is no major failure they will last forever.

Your truck looks solid!!! I'm envious!

dmetalmiki

Nice truck, (and) tough as they come. Pity about the V8. Petrol though. (if fitted) they are good for all of 3 to 6 miles to a gallon. (U.S.).
These trucks are really good if you fit an economical diesel unit into them. (Ah Lah URAL etc).

D6T

ZIL 131 right? I got to crawl all over one of those 20 years ago. That one was full of radio gear but was horribly rusted out. I really wanted the radio set but could not afford it anyway!

My take on the truck was that it is extremely basic and as long as there is no major failure they will last forever.

Your truck looks solid!!! I'm envious!
I think it's a 151, judging by lower grille and fenders. The rear box with windows placed like that was often an engineer vehicle, however could have been an NBC-hardened commo shelter.

Side note, a lot of the later NBC-sealed vehicles had windows along the top sides of the box.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You keep acquiring vehicles and your signature will take the entire 1st page of any thread you start.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMgen there are about 3 or 4 Russian trucks that I would love to get my hands on and THIS is one of them, is it a petrol or diesel engine, what is the configuration of the engine is it a straight 6 or a V-8? Congrats is a very neat looking truck, like Tennmogger said I an envious!!!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks