• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM help for new VRC setup project

tcruwithme

I've been collecting parts for a VRC system for a couple of years, and I'm getting close to putting everything together. I have an AM1780B/VRC and two C-10456 boxes with what I beleive are the correct cables. I scored a couple of Bose TriPort headsets that I think will work.

I saw referene to a couple of TMs that I can't see here on Steel Soldiers, on Radio Nerds, or find on Google. Those are TM 11-5820-898-20P and MWO 11-5895-1548-40-1. Does anyone have a copy of either of these?

I collected this stuff from Ebay, and of course, nobody could tell you if the gear is operational when they sell it to you. So, my first step will be to hook everything up on the dining room table with a 24v power supply and see how it goes.

Any help you can provide on those two TMs or other radio advice is greatly appreciated.

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the manual on Radionerds supersedes the manual you are requesting.

TM 11-5895-1548-24P
UNIT, DIRECT SUPPORT AND GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
REPAIR PARTS AND SPECIAL TOOLS LIST
AMPLIFIER, AUDIO FREQUENCY
AM-1780B/VRC (NSN 5895-01-284-3057)
1 NOVEMBER 1997

papakb

You are looking for a manual for a VIC-1 and not a VRC system. VRCs are radio sets, VICs are intercom sets. The manual you need will be in the series TM 11·5830·340-xx. Chris over at Radionerds will have them on this link: http://www.radionerds.com/index.php/AN~VIC-1 The -12 manual is the operators manual but it does contain the diagrams on how everything interconnects. The -30 manual is for when you start troubleshooting the system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks