• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP003A newbie....MEP003A oil pressure..

Emtinwv

Not sure where to post this...... But.... I acquired 2 MEP003A genset on a trailer.... Have one running right now.... Question is, what is the ideal oil pressure for the MEP003A? I changed what I assume was 30w to 15w40 and noticed that the oil pressure dropped with the new oil.

jbayer

Welcome, lots of Knowledge here.
Don't assume anything. Basically you don't know what weight oil it was. Maybe it was 50 wt.
HOW much did the oil pressure drop? 1psi, or 20 psi?
Did you change the filter too?
Is the new (if) higher or lower micron rating? (more or less restrictive)
What was the oil press., and what is it now?
Was it running at same temperature both times? As in cold, or after it was hot?
Multiple things affect oil pressure.
1. Temperature.
2. How many hours are on the unit. The hour meter is not the only indication.
Accuracy of the gauge/ sending unit.
There is no "Ideal". Every motor is little different It's either good or somewhere between good and bad.
Did you down load and read the TM's? It's in there. "3) Oil pressure gage located on engine should indicate 20 psi minimum"

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks