• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery Cable Replacements?

mane3215

Hey Guys, someone felt they needed the batteries in my m1078 more than I did and cut a few of the cables. I'm using the #'s on the cables to find replacements, but no luck.

Does anyone know where I can get some at? I need the two ends circled in the photo.

MVIMG_20180820_074731.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Go to your local welding store and buy some cable and new lugs and make your own. Be the cheapest way.

ebay has cheap large cable as well.

Military battery terminals made by Grote are part number 84-9581 and 84-9580

or check with Member Suprman he may have some.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Last edited:

Ronmar

you could also change out to 2 8-d batterys and get rid of a bunch of extra cabling.
Yep, I believe a pair of 8D’s would fit. That is why those cables are excess for me, I dont need them with 2 batts.

If I were really in a cold climate, I might contemplate a larger bank, but I would also probably contemplate a propane or diesel preheater :). My Hab will ultimately provide preheat, so I am OK with two type 31’s The milspec for these things was pretty large 600CCA for 60 seconds at 0F and 350CCA for 60 seconds @ -40F... Need a large bank to deliver sustained current at those temps...

The OP was lucky, if they had something to cut cable, they could have taken all the copper for salvage... Hate thievs:(

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks