• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are all 20,000 winches interchangeable?

lake

I've been looking at a 20,000 lb winch manufactured by jechura military equipment. It looks just like a 20.000 lb garwood to my untrained eye. Are all of these winches from different manufactures interchangeable with the garwood? Or, are the parts different? If they're different I have to believe that even small differences would lead to the military stocking a lot of parts for the same type/ spec winch. Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Im not familiar with a brand other than garwood, got a pic? All the ones on the front of 5tons are the same, save for what drives them(pto shaft or hydraulic).

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Cage code comes back to MCG Machine Co in Fraser, MI.

Looks like a normal 5 ton winch to me.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Is it a garwood?
No, it is a MCG Machine Co winch.

Garwood made the first military 5t winches, MANY company's have made the same winch over the years under license from Garwood.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks