• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Jerry can brackets

russojap

My truck has Jerry can brackets on the rear mudflaps, how common is that? All of them on the truck are marked USMC, does that mean it was actually a Marine truck? I don't like the mounts on the mudflaps and want to take them off, they are on crooked and to me make the truck look junky.

Is there any reason I shouldn't take them off? Historical reasons etc.

IMG_20180929_140817.jpg
IIMG_20180929_142422.jpg

Last edited:

m715mike

It’s your truck, so I’d say that taking them off or leaving them is your call.

Just a thought... would your opinion change if they weren’t crooked and actually had Jerry cans in them? It might look neat it they actually had Jerry cans (just my opinion).

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So weird...I was thinking of this just today and wanted to look up the info...and here is a brand new thread with pictures! SS mind reading at work!

amgeneral72

One of my trucks has Jerry can brackets on the mudflaps & they moved the lights over a couple inches so the cans would fit. All they did was drill some holes in the original bracket to move the lights over.

russojap

It’s your truck, so I’d say that taking them off or leaving them is your call.

Just a thought... would your opinion change if they weren’t crooked and actually had Jerry cans in them? It might look neat it they actually had Jerry cans (just my opinion).
No, not really. I prefer the clean look and I want to put some delineators on the mudflaps.
WP_20170121_17_13_07_Pro (2).jpg
20141030_132729[1].jpg20150124_152140[1].jpg

I also added them to the M1009
IMG_20180929_183435.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks