• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rodent proofing 803a genset

NormB

No sooner had I cleaned out the nest, black cherry pit shells and other “stuff” (surprisingly little compared to what was inside the 802a I bought two-plus years ago) from the previous rodent squatters than I scared off a chipmunk who had come up through the drain hole.

I’d made a set of screens for the intake vents - bought parts at a big box hardware store where I got a 3’x25’ roll of aluminum screen on sale for $5 - backed with 1/4” mesh which I put in place today on the bottom hole.

I actually wound up relocating it INSIDE the supports, bending the bottom part of the mesh hardware cloth outward and cutting notches- made it easier getting the screws back in place.

Thought someone might find this helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks