• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pre-m35 Questions.

jeeves454

Hey Y'all, I just joined, finally, and am trying to decide between a deuce and a hmmwv. I have always wanted a hummer/hummwv but it seems that the military units are shooting up in price pretty quickly, thus I am starting to lean towards the deuce. Here is my question, I have seen a 50's m135, and studebaker m44 for sale in my area. Are the chassis components, primarily the axles, the same as the m35? Say I purchased a Pre-Deuce and wanted lockers and hub lock out kits. I appears the these trucks have rockwells, but are they the same? Anyways thank you, and hopefully this makes sense. ps. if any of you are in Idaho with a deuce of some sorts, I would love to talk!!!

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site.
All of the major components and many other parts on the GMC m135 are different from the m35 series trucks. Axles, cab, engine, transmission, transfer case, etc are different.
The Studebaker m44 series shares a bunch more parts with the later m35a2s (which are based on the same design). Transfer case, axles, driveshafts, bed, sheet metal, etc will interchange. You could add lockers and lockout hubs to that one.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Thanks! It seemed that the m44 had the same rockwells as the the m35's, but you never know. Thanks!
If it's an actual m44 chassis then the rear axles will be set up for singles instead of duals, but you can easily change it to duals just by flipping the hubs. The m35 series is also often referred to as the m44 series so it could be a different model.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks