• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Under water M38A1 :**

FrankUSMC

Was shown a photo yesterday of one of my M38A1s. it is one that I have on loan to our local gun shop. it is a non running, but very complete M38A1 with the machine gun mount, cradle, and a fiberglass 50 cal. It is used by them for advertisement.
In the picture, after hurricane Florence passed, all you can see is the 50 sticking up about the water.....:(
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
PS, I am VERY LUCKY, and Blessed, we still have a lot of folks here who lost everything, and are living in shelters

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think if someone had loaned me their personal vehicle for my company's advertisement, I'd have put some effort into moving it so it wasn't destroyed.

FrankUSMC

You are right, but they were told it was a no flood area. I lost a jeep, they lost everything in the gun shop. They did not have flood insurance, family ran gun shop, and a very good one.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You are right, but they were told it was a no flood area. I lost a jeep, they lost everything in the gun shop. They did not have flood insurance, family ran gun shop, and a very good one.
Everything in life is perspective. How you see things determins if you will be a happy camper, or not. Frank you have a great outlook on life, glad to have you here posting.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as you can service it extensively within a week or so, it will be fine. Drain all gearcases, flush with clean water, then diesel. Remove cylinder head, flush, allow to dry, fill cylinders with oil and turn engine over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks