• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Gauge 12v

Russm

I am getting no power to the 12v pin on the back of the fuel gauge. Coincidentally the parking brake light is fed by the same circuit so that doesn't work either. No voltage at the corresponding pin on the pigtail either. I lose the wire in the pigtail bundle but assuming it goes to the fuse box? (Those electrical diagrams are hard to read) all the fuses look ok but I can recheck in the am.
Around the same timethis stopped working my cold advance also stopped working. Are They fed by the same source?

Lots of small problems cropping up recently.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Gunfreak25

9 out of 10 electrical gremlins are a ground issue. Theres a hidden ground above the parking brake lever under the left of the dash. Have you checked it? Not sure what it grounds but I know it's an important one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Russm

Forgot to add it I guess since ive been at it ad nauseam.
All grounds I could possibly find have been cleaned and re-cleaned. Including the one next to the parking break, that one is very shiny.

acthomp781

I have had some electrical issues with my instrument cluster as well. I replaced the printed "circuit board" d/t the old one had some broken connections within the board. My issue was gen 2 light was inop, so that made gen 2 inop. Before this my fuel gauge was inaccurate. After replacing the board, gen 2 light worked and fuel gauge was accurate. Maybe you have a bad printed circuit board.

Russm

Thanks 781 but I wish it was that simple. The pigtail that feeds the panel is dead at that connection that goes to those points.

Hoping someone can tell me or show me a diagram of where the dash pigtail wires go. Ive found one on here but I swear its written in code.

On the other note...
Is the cold advance switch powered directly by 12v, or does it go somewhere else first?
The mornings are getting colder... Need that high idle back

Russm

Fuel Gauge, parking brake light and high idle were all intermittent today. Looks like a loose wire/bad connection somewhere in common.

Time to go gremlin hunting

Russm

Pulled apart the connection behind the fuse box that goes into the engine bay. Someone suggested to clean it with wd40 and brake cleaner. Did that, applied new dielectric grease, put it back together.
Wow everything now works
High idle, fuel gauge, parking brake light

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks