• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring Harness

vesman

Does anyone know if there is a wiring harness for this vehicle? It was flooded about 10 years ago and sat for a few years before I bought it, most of the wires are rotted. The guy working on it with me, thought there might be something we can buy to replace all of the mechanical wires.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, there are vendors out there who can supply complete new wiring harnesses for the truck. THEY ARE NOT CHEAP!

Vintage Wiring of Maine, Midwest Military and Vintage Power Wagons are a few you might try. I'm sure there are many others.

I've replaced my harnesses a couple of times. I believe it is well worth the money and labor (just my opinion; it is worth what you paid for it). An electrical fire can be far more expensive than new wiring harnesses.

YMMV

ez8

When I spoke with Vintage Wiring of Maine last year in July, the price for a complete M37 wiring harness was $1,080 + freight.

vesman

Does anyone have experience with Rebel Wire? I just spoke to them, they have a 9+3 wire harness that converts it to 12v for $200. Is there a lot involved with that?

ez8

Depends on if your vehicle is already 12V or not. If not, you're going to be replacing the ignitions system, charging system, etc. You'll go north of that $200 pretty quickly.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is your goal with this vehicle? Are you trying to restore it or just slap together a cheap beater work truck?

The answer to these questions will dictate path. A cheap beater work truck will involve lots of labor keeping it patched together, but no dependability.

Restoration will involve lots of labor and money but with increasing dependability and probably improved appearance.

So, labor and money or just labor?

kpj5br

I bought my wiring harness from John at Midwest Military for $215. It is a BIG harness and it is quite a job to install it but well worth it. Note to check first whether your machine has douglas or packard style connections.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks