• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pic request

ccf460

I have put mrap axles,transfer case and wheels on my F700. I am using a trailer box for a bed. I am thinking about putting mrap wheels on my M105 that i pull ,using deuce to mrap adapter plates. I would love to see a pic of this before I spend the coin. I have rare mrap wheels that have 3.5" of positive offset, hoping that they will clear.
20180929_181316.jpg

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW that truck looks GREAT! Good job!

I've seen photos of M105 trailers with 46" tires (aka 395/85R20 or 15.5x20 as you have), there doesn't seem to be much clearance between the tire and the fender. Also some members here have run 14.50x20 tires from M35A3 on M105s, which seem to fit without too much trouble. But those tires are getting scarce today, unless you find some of the new MRAP equivalents (like 335s or something like that). Simp5782 would probably know a close equivalent, and might even have some....

BUT, one easy option to share wheels/tires (with M35-style adapter plates for trailer, unless you swap out that axle & hubs) would be to use 2"x3" or 2"x4" rectangular steel tubing as spacers between M105 body & frame, a body lift for trailer, to provide necessary clearance. Heck, the trailer might even match up with the truck at that point.

I have plans (someday :roll: ) to do this to one or two of mine, so I can run 395s on them.

Last edited:

ccf460

I really want to be able to share tires and wheels between truck and trailer. I am getting ready to change the truck bed,been on there a week...lol, i found a M105A3. I like the A3 bed much better. Plans also include mounting the pair of hmmwv winches in custom bumpers. I would love to post my build on this site, but afraid it will get kicked for not being military.

tobyS

I really want to be able to share tires and wheels between truck and trailer. I am getting ready to change the truck bed,been on there a week...lol, i found a M105A3. I like the A3 bed much better. Plans also include mounting the pair of hmmwv winches in custom bumpers. I would love to post my build on this site, but afraid it will get kicked for not being military.
It's enough military components and seeing a relatively sealed cab is cool. Just post in the modified. The small annual or 2 year fee opens you to the classified ads. We like pictures.

I'm working on dish out for the M35A3 wheel and 14.5 tire on a M105A2. Going to cut the flange off and move the mount face back to the drum. There is a recent thread with someone doing it, cutting the flange off, but he was doing it for duals. I commented but cant locate it now.

I was thinking about a tandem axle trailer with the setup if not the 105, I have 4 of the wheels and tires. Dish out on the 395 would be cool, but you would have to modify the hub to get the center of the wheel/tire in a reasonable place for the bearings to carry the loads evenly (and confirm the width is not over 8'6").

What is it about the A3 bed you like better? I'd like a really nice one that doesn't have the inner supports on my 4x4 project, which is not an A3, I think.

Edit....went and looked and there is a lot of difference in the A2 and A3, but bed inner supports do not seem to be different. Wheels and tongue are...almost looks like a surge brake.

Last edited:

ccf460

It's enough military components and seeing a relatively sealed cab is cool. Just post in the modified. The small annual or 2 year fee opens you to the classified ads. We like pictures.

I'm working on dish out for the M35A3 wheel and 14.5 tire on a M105A2. Going to cut the flange off and move the mount face back to the drum. There is a recent thread with someone doing it, cutting the flange off, but he was doing it for duals. I commented but cant locate it now.

I was thinking about a tandem axle trailer with the setup if not the 105, I have 4 of the wheels and tires. Dish out on the 395 would be cool, but you would have to modify the hub to get the center of the wheel/tire in a reasonable place for the bearings to carry the loads evenly (and confirm the width is not over 8'6").

What is it about the A3 bed you like better? I'd like a really nice one that doesn't have the inner supports on my 4x4 project, which is not an A3, I think.

Edit....went and looked and there is a lot of difference in the A2 and A3, but bed inner supports do not seem to be different. Wheels and tongue are...almost looks like a surge brake.
What modified section are you referring to?
I like the following about the A3 bed for truck use:
Integrated tail lights
Different latching mechanism for tail gate
Boarding ladder on tail gate
Internal tie down points
Wider cargo space between fender wells
Wider outer fender width to cover my tires
Still uses A2 bows and tops

tobyS

5 ton mods and hot rodding was what I had in mind. It might fit other places too.

I've see some of the differences A2 to A3 once looking. Wonder if someone has just an A3 bed to sell?

ccf460

I think the A3 trailers are fairly rare. I have a great friend willing to trade my A2 bed for his A3 bed. He is mainly interested in the A3 chassis. And he thinks my build is cool enough to justify the canabalism.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The truck looks awesome! What motor does it have in it? I was the one that cut the m105 hubs. I do know that the inner fender may be your only issue. But I do have a M105 with fmtv wheels and adapter plates.
IMG_2684.jpg
IMG_4142.jpgIMG_4145.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks